What engine oil to run after 500 mile break in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
I like Rotella T5

Im a T6 guy but I like synthetic. Dead serious... Used the stuff on my Mazdaspeed 3. Between the zinc/ZDDP in it, it quieted down the lifters/cams. Speed 3/6 engines, 2.5 direct injection turbo engines were loud from the factory. If you put (insert brand name) synthetic oil in one oil change and then changed to Rotella T6, it was night and day difference.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
As far as oil.... I will tell you to ask the engine builder, if you have that option. If not, and its a brand new engine, I see no problem running blend or synthetic after break in time. I mean, if its newer parts, the tolerances should be enough to run blend/syn oil and not worry. I mean, you dont think that newer engines built from the factory all run normal oil for 500 miles, do you? I know for a fact they do not. But I had a buddy that had his Mitsubishi Evo blue printed and balanced and they used break in oil for 500 miles and then full synthetic after that (as per the builder).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS