Vapor lock!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
took brownie to town (15 mile drive one way) to have a body guy look at her and to quiz him a bit.

Ran fine to town A/C worked, went into the Marvins Food Saver right, get out get ready to pull on to the highway KA-Chunk she dies. Roll her into the parking lot and call the cavalry (dad) well i thought it was the typical rotor problem or even worse the ESC module, while waiting for the screw driver i pulled out my handy dandy ESC bypass wire (one of these days i'll post pics for all to see) and no juice.

Dad gets there he though enough to bring his spark tester (some thing that plugs into the plug wire and to ground if you have juice you get a spark) and sure enough i have juice.

Check the carb no fuel, pull the old fuel line no fuel, nothing leaking from the pump (sure sign of bad mech fuel pump) so go home get the trailer to haul it home, i get in pump the gas 10 or so times and she starts up and runs like butter all the way home.

on a side note, the fuel tank selector switch is non operational so the 4 or 5 gallons i put in it will have to sit and turn to shellac (yes i found a station that sells 100 gasoline, not the "up to 10% ethanol" BS)

Which is a good thing one thing i thought it may have been was some how the sock on the LH tank was plugged, i really dislike dropping tanks especially one with 16 Gallons of fuel in it @ $3.30 a gallon.

So some time this weekend I see if the selector switch went bad (hopefully) or the solenoid on the diverter valve

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
On a bad note the body shop guy seen dollar $igns and tossed me $5K to fix a door skin a bed skin, blast, prime and paint.

But i found a door for $125 at a local salvage, a bed for like $350

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06