Tweaking ride height on a lowered '87 R10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mktsc

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.3L
So it's been almost a year since I lowered my '87 R10 Stepside. Beltech 4/6" kit.

Originally installed the 1" lowering springs that came with the kit. Later went back and ordered Beltech's 2" lowering spring and installed them. After a year of driving the truck I'm finding that I'd like to get 1-2" back in the rear. Easy with spring over axle, but now that the axle is flipped, it becomes a little more difficult.

Is there a 1-2" lift shackle that I can get for these trucks? I find some on Summit and Jegs, but I'm finding sketchy info. Beltech's 6404 shackle is 1-2" lower on some installations and .5" lift on my R10.

Anyone have any experience tweaking the ride height?

Thanks in advance,

-MK

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
If you installed a drop shackle with the flip kit you can just reinstall the factory shackle. If you still have the stock shackle you can add a leaf to your springs or get a shorter than stock shackle. I have seen them before but dont know where to get them. Other options is to shorten your stock shackle or remove the flip kit and install a 4in drop shackle/hanget kit.

mktsc

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.3L
Stock shackles, just the axle flip. Looks like the length of the factory shackle could give up an inch or more and still be bolted on.

I cant find anything specific though...

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Stock shackles, just the axle flip. Looks like the length of the factory shackle could give up an inch or more and still be bolted on.

I cant find anything specific though...

If you really want to get creative, you can bolt angle iron under the frame and lower your spring shackle mount on the frame to your desired ride height.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507