Torches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Finally got me a little set of torches! For heating up stuck bolts and cutting. Bought the tanks cart regulators and a old meco cutting torch this summer finally got them filled. The torch has a nut/valve on it thats cracked and split and you cant get parts for them it seems. So i bought another torch a victor used. Well i didnt notice till i put a new tip in it. It will get tight and then loose and slip off. The treads are all round over and dont look to be much left. So my question is i do go buy a die and try to get it to catch? Im concerned being bass if it will even work. Or the gas guy at work says they can rebuild the whole thing for like 75 bucks. Just spent 70 on the torch to start with but they are like 225 new so im still saving money. i guess. i hope lol .

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Get it fixed right, or buy another one!!!

(Get yourself a rosebud too! I use that the most.)

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Get it fixed right, or buy another one!!!

(Get yourself a rosebud too! I use that the most.)
Yea i thought about that but should be fine to use the cutting torch just dont hit the oxgyen right? Whats he got to do with it? lol

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Fire wrench is good and it fits all sizes metric and standard.
For the tank wrench? Yeah that one was cheap but dont work great the two times i turned it on. Had to use locking pliers to break it loose to start with

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
For the tank wrench? Yeah that one was cheap but dont work great the two times i turned it on. Had to use locking pliers to break it loose to start with
Did you duck because that went right over your head lol a torch aka fire wrench.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Did you duck because that went right over your head lol a torch aka fire wrench.
Apparently I looked too much into it. Lol I Googled the fire wrench cause i didnt have a clue and assumed thats what it was haha.

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Well i found this jist have to figure out how the tubes are put in and if i can do it myself

http://www.sealseat.com/regulator-a...f1al7Aukqb89bspT1YZdHvIgkzWtdslAaAt4qEALw_wcB

If I may, I'd like to impart some wisdom and experience upon you. And also scare the hell out of you. If you don't know what you're doing, and it's readily apparent you don't, leave torch and regulator repairs to the pros.. Leaky and improperly repaired torches and regulators can and will explode in your hands.. People have died because of this.. A few years ago, a fabrication shop across from my auto repair business had a fire and explosion because of a faulty torch.. The building burned to the ground, injured 4 men and killed another one.. Oh, and the explosion blew out the windows in the front of my building..

When it comes to safety and human lives, money is never an area for short cuts....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevew7704