Torches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
If I may, I'd like to impart some wisdom and experience upon you. And also scare the hell out of you. If you don't know what you're doing, and it's readily apparent you don't, leave torch and regulator repairs to the pros.. Leaky and improperly repaired torches and regulators can and will explode in your hands.. People have died because of this.. A few years ago, a fabrication shop across from my auto repair business had a fire and explosion because of a faulty torch.. The building burned to the ground, injured 4 men and killed another one.. Oh, and the explosion blew out the windows in the front of my building..

When it comes to safety and human lives, money is never an area for short cuts....
Yeah im not gonna mess with it. I called a place they said 70 bucks they will rebuild the whole torch and put a new head on it. I figure its worth it. Torch is going in the mail today!

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Just thought I would post an update. I looked out the window this morning and seen some trash in the yard so I went out to pick it up. Happen to find the half that had a shipping label. Well its was from mckenzie repair in MN. Which is where I sent the torch. After some looking i found it laying in the middle of the yard. Stupid dog! But i think its ok and feel like they did a good job for 70 bucks. New head and nut. One new valve fixed the bent one. Did some brazing on the handle. Cleaned and painted it. Rebuilt the insides. Let the cutting begin!

You must be registered for see images attach

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Typical UPS and other shipping agents.. Drive up , toss package over fence, and drive away.. Never mind even if it's the incorrect address.. "Get the package off the damn truck" seems to be their motto..

Glad you got the torch fixed..

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Typical UPS and other shipping agents.. Drive up , toss package over fence, and drive away.. Never mind even if it's the incorrect address.. "Get the package off the damn truck" seems to be their motto..

Glad you got the torch fixed..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84