Tire Balancing beads??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
As everyone knows the Prices on Tires are OUTRAGEOUSE at tire shops now. I have been looking at buying them online, but the fact remains you still have to mount and balance the Tires. Well I can bount them at My uncles but balancing is still a problem. I know Big trucks use these alot but to be honest I have never been a huge fan of putting ANYTHING inside my tires. So I am looking for some input from anyone that has possably used these or knows of anyone that uses them and how they Like them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4x4-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5adf7f29ca

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I wanna know also. I never heard of them.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Looks like some pretty damn expensive bird shot to me.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
had them in a set of 33 1250 15 on my truck, they did work well, did not look at your link but the the stuff i used said you had to use special valve stems in order to keep the beads from making the stem stick open, i did not use the special valve stems and on a couple of customers trucks did not use the special stems and did not have any trouble with them either

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
had them in a set of 33 1250 15 on my truck, they did work well, did not look at your link but the the stuff i used said you had to use special valve stems in order to keep the beads from making the stem stick open, i did not use the special valve stems and on a couple of customers trucks did not use the special stems and did not have any trouble with them either

What about when you have to break the tire down for a flat? I assume you have to replace the beads again?

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
yes if you would lose any it would need replaced, i remembered the name of the stuff i used it was magnum, i am sure they are all about the same, they gave a chart for size tire you were useing and told how much to put in, came in a paper pouch with you just threw the baggie in and they broke going down the road, an old time truck mechanic i know used to use anti freeze in tires and said it worked the same, can't remember how much he put in though

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
The guys around here use AirSoft BBs, about half of a big container for a 38" and up tire. I never used them, didn't want all that stuff flopping and rattling around in there but those guys swear by them. Just make sure you don't use fix-a-flat or slime in tires that are running balancing beads.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I've seen the golf balls inside commercial truck tires, thats supposed to work well. If you break down the tire for any reason I doubt they come out that easy, kinda like trying to get water out of a tire.

Fix-a-flat should not be used period, on any tires! thats like a last resort survival scenario. That **** causes huge problems, all the slime settles to the bottom of the tire and makes a heavy spot. If you take the tire to a tire shop with slime inside they usually charge 20 bucks to clean it out.

I used it once in my life on a donut tire that was not repairable.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I went to wally world and got some steel BB's instead, they worked great. They were copper coated too, I think the brand was actually called "Copperhead" IIRC. I put 16 ounces in each tire and I think it only cost 6 or 7 bucks for all of it.

As far as noise, you don't here anything except for when you're stopping. You can faintly hear them "ting ting ting" right before you become fully stopped. That was with steel wheels, aluminum might be quieter.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
The guys around here use AirSoft BBs, about half of a big container for a 38" and up tire. I never used them, didn't want all that stuff flopping and rattling around in there but those guys swear by them. Just make sure you don't use fix-a-flat or slime in tires that are running balancing beads.

I've seen the golf balls inside commercial truck tires, thats supposed to work well. If you break down the tire for any reason I doubt they come out that easy, kinda like trying to get water out of a tire.

Fix-a-flat should not be used period, on any tires! thats like a last resort survival scenario. That **** causes huge problems, all the slime settles to the bottom of the tire and makes a heavy spot. If you take the tire to a tire shop with slime inside they usually charge 20 bucks to clean it out.

I used it once in my life on a donut tire that was not repairable.

I never had to use any tire seal on any car or truck tire. I have used tire seal on lawn equipment inflatable tires though but it wasnt fix a flat is was briggs and stratton tire seal.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'll never use Fix A Flat or Slime. Not sure of the slime, but I know for a fact, Fix A Flat wil ruin a steal wheel causing it to rust around the bead area and where your vavle stem goes in the wheel. Eventually the wheel is no good cuz your tire bead will always leak and your valve stem will leak. I think about the only thing Fix A Flat is good for, is if your wife has fake hooters and he she develops a leak or has a blow out. And for those, I laugh my ass off.

That's what chicks get for being so spineless to think some fake tatas are going to improve their life so drastically. Can you tell I'm not a fan of fake hooters?? Not that I am not glad the technology is there. There are a few good medical reasons why women needs that option but not for purely cosmetic reason. I'll take a tiny ***** chick over a fake tittied chick any day of the week, not because tiny is preffered, but because the tiny tittied chick can be herself in her own skin, and not be a materialistic, fake, low self esteem, and then usually snooty personality. :shitsweak: I'll apoligize in advance cuz I am probably talking about someones wife of gf here. But, that's JMHO and how I feel about it.
And I'll apologize to Pops for the thread hijack. You see how we went from tires to *******? It wasn't hard. :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
I'll never use Fix A Flat or Slime. Not sure of the slime, but I know for a fact, Fix A Flat wil ruin a steal wheel causing it to rust around the bead area and where your vavle stem goes in the wheel. Eventually the wheel is no good cuz your tire bead will always leak and your valve stem will leak. I think about the only thing Fix A Flat is good for, is if your wife has fake hooters and he she develops a leak or has a blow out. And for those, I laugh my ass off.

That's what chicks get for being so spineless to think some fake tatas are going to improve their life so drastically. Can you tell I'm not a fan of fake hooters?? Not that I am not glad the technology is there. There are a few good medical reasons why women needs that option but not for purely cosmetic reason. I'll take a tiny ***** chick over a fake tittied chick any day of the week, not because tiny is preffered, but because the tiny tittied chick can be herself in her own skin, and not be a materialistic, fake, low self esteem, and then usually snooty personality. :shitsweak: I'll apoligize in advance cuz I am probably talking about someones wife of gf here. But, that's JMHO and how I feel about it.
And I'll apologize to Pops for the thread hijack. You see how we went from tires to *******? It wasn't hard. :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

DAMN dude a thread has a word that starts with "T" and you start about *******. lol You need to get laid lmao.

What exactly are the "airsoft BB's"?

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Same here, fake boobs = fake personality. But I've used slime in one of my 38s. Bias ply, of course. But I don't run the balancing beads. (Yet.)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
DAMN dude a thread has a word that starts with "T" and you start about *******. lol You need to get laid lmao.

What exactly are the "airsoft BB's"?

Better not start a thread with a word that has "P" in it !!! :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

I wouldn't mind gettin laid, I'm not Al Bundy. I've never hid out from my wife or gf cuz she wanted some action. :happy175:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Same here, fake boobs = fake personality. But I've used slime in one of my 38s. Bias ply, of course. But I don't run the balancing beads. (Yet.)

Exactly what I'm saying summed about the hooters. Fake = Fake !!! I know of 2 women that had implants and for good medical reasons, one of which involved breast cancer, the other was a surgery that was destrctive to one and really jacked it up, so she had to have them cosmetically altered or she would not look normal at all, and she was only a teenager at the time and had to wait til she was 18 to have the surgery, and for a girl that young, I can see the mental issue it would cause. But even then she just got put back to normal, not oversized. For those 2 girls, I am glad the technology exists.

I've never tried slime. My son bought a tube for his bicycle that was pre slimed when he bought it. He got flats all the freaking time. Inside a tube for a bike I can see, but not for a car wheel.
And as Imann points out, tire stores charge to clean the crap out cuz they don't want to deal with it, but they'll damn sure convince you NEED this stuff when you buy a new set of tires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david b