Time for a new carb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks for all your help man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
No prob.:) I try to lend a hand when it's needed.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If it sounds like a stock cam or very close to... No worries if that bad boy lopes like a track car then you'll need a couple mods. You'll also need one of these... http://m.summitracing.com/parts/edl-2693 if your intake has a square bore. Fwiw I have that exact intake and I can't tell the diff between it and the Eddie broke intake.

This adapter says its for a single plane intake. Will it still work if mines duel plane?

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I got one of these laying around if you want it. Square-bore carb to spread-bore dual-plane manifold. Don't see why you can't use it the other way, spread-bore carb to square-bore dual-plane manifold. I'm not using it, and won't as my manifold takes either, so you can have it if you want.
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/edl-2697/media/images

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I got one of these laying around if you want it. Square-bore carb to spread-bore dual-plane manifold. Don't see why you can't use it the other way, spread-bore carb to square-bore dual-plane manifold. I'm not using it, and won't as my manifold takes either, so you can have it if you want.
Is it that easy? you can just run it upside down and it will work just fine?

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It has to narrow down the two bigger barrels of the Qjet to fit into the square-bore manifold, so you're going to lose some zoom there, but it does it smoothly rather than with a corner (which causes turbulence, which blocks flow, etc.).

Better is a new spread-bore manifold, but this is cheap -- i.e. free.

Not sure how the mounting holes work out. It has four threaded for the carb, and four clearance holes for the manifold studs. When you flip it over, you probably have to drill out the threaded holes to mount to the manifold, and counterbore the clearance holes to get bolts in there to bolt up the carb. Probably a couple bucks at a machine shop -- it's a quick job. Carb would have to mount to this thing first.

Let me take another look at it.

Last edited:

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
The link was just an example of what you will need to fit your carb to your current intake. There's a couple more out there that will fit your application perfect.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
If you decide to keep your current intake and it is a square bore. You will need a spread bore carb to square bore adaptor.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I found the one I need. Thanks. Rich, I appreciate the offer, and as much as I enjoy free stuff, I think Im just going to order the square manifold to spread carb. I hate for you to give that away and me mess it up trying to get it to work and then its useless. Somebody on here will need that for sure and wont have to mod it. Thanks again fellas.

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
All the spread-bore to square-bore adapters I see are open -- i.e. without maintaining the bore separation into a dual-plane manifold.

This is a good story to read about how to mod the adapter to use it upside-down, as well as the advantages of using a dual-plane adapter.
http://www.emotoman.com/qjet/qjetinstall.html

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA

It would work if you could bolt it on but you wont be able to bolt it on the other way/upside down.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
All the spread-bore to square-bore adapters I see are open -- i.e. without maintaining the bore separation into a dual-plane manifold.

This is a good story to read about how to mod the adapter to use it upside-down, as well as the advantages of using a dual-plane adapter.
http://www.emotoman.com/qjet/qjetinstall.html

I know the quadjets like the open space. better low end response. I was gonna ask you rich if your Edelbrock is using the divided or open base gasket.

Mine came with the divided heat insulator gasket and I was wondering if it would run better with the open one like the quadjets do? its like $25 bucks to go get an open one so I thought I would ask your opinion before getting one.

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Haven't run with both. I'm running the Edelbrock on top of a dual-plane air-gap manifold, no spacer, just a gasket, with the center divider. I don't need the spacer because I have cold-air induction and the air-gap manifold.

In that story I pointed to, the guy switched his Qjet-on-square-bore-manifold from an open spacer to an isolated-barrel spacer (had to do some mods to put it in) and claimed better performance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06