not getting gas to carb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horchata81k10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
New problem putting carb cleaner down the carb gets her going but only for bit i step on the gas but it just dies, i had replaced the fuel pump not to long ago before replacing the carb, and i was using it as a daily then one day i was running late so i didn't get to go the pump and just parked at home, next morning i tired to turn it on and nothing i filled up the Lt Tank with about 4-6 gallons and the tank switcher works and you can see the levels going down and up but nothing so im quite sure the fuel pump works , would i need a new sending unit or replace the fuel lines under the frame help.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Need to diagnose before buying any parts. Check fuel pressure AND volume, fuel filter then move on to other areas if all is well.

horchata81k10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Need to diagnose before buying any parts. Check fuel pressure AND volume, fuel filter then move on to other areas if all is well.
how can i do that if it doesn’t even run it starts up and dies with spray down it, i’ve got a new fuel filter.

codfish

Drive a hybrid. I NEED your gas!!
Reaction score
First Name
gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Disconnect fuel line from carb. Crank it over or prime/start it with your favourite spray and see if the pump is working.

Quadrajet carb? Could be a plugged inlet filter.

Codfish

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Remove line or hose at carb and check flow using a piece of hose and a container of some kind. Remember to disable ignition so there isn't any spark. Crank it over there should be a good squirt of fuel probably about a pint in 10 seconds or so. If that's ok then check pressure, will need a gauge for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod