throttle spacer, air gap, or...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
****, I'm sorry. My info is mostly from when I researched manifolds for my 454. The bbc performer rpm has the joined plenum. I assumed the sbc manifolds would be the same way. It looks like with sbc only the air gap performer rpm has the joined plenum. The main reason I suggested the performer rpm over the air gap is the price difference, so if you're ok with that the air gap would be a great manifold overall.

Here is a cheap alternative with the joined** plenum. But it's reviews are mixed, bit of a gamble.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pfs-52028/overview/make/chevrolet

**edit:said divided instead
no worries. everything makes me research and learn

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
If you can't tell I'm building my truck to be more low maintenance polishing an cleaning wise. I'll work on the truck installing stuff all day an it won't bother me. The thought of cleaning an polishing stuff I dread lol. Plus all the new carbs back in the day were gold so I thought that was cool...
it's looking pretty squared away. what engine did you start with?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
this is what i was thinking. in the video, they say the air gap AND spacer would've likely yielded the most broad power band. back to scouring craigslist...
A 1” spacer will work fine.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
it's looking pretty squared away. what engine did you start with?

Its a .060 over 350, stock heads a summit racing cam 234/234 @.050 the performer rpm intake an headers. It had an edelbrock 1406 till this weekend. I added the 96 serpentine belt system to it this past august.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
edit: i'll repost this message tomorrow after parts are in my hand. don't want anyone swooping my CL find!!!

Last edited:

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Its a .060 over 350, stock heads a summit racing cam 234/234 @.050 the performer rpm intake an headers. It had an edelbrock 1406 till this weekend. I added the 96 serpentine belt system to it this past august.
nice, i'm interested to see your results.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
you were going to run that with a holley dual sync distributer, right?

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Here is a cheap alternative with the joined** plenum. But it's reviews are mixed, bit of a gamble.

Pretty funny reviews..... Crayons... LMAO

To start off this thing looks terrible, the casting looks very cheap and looks as if it had been crack repaired and the weld was ground down or something. It has 4 heater hose ports in case u wanna run a bunch of heaters or wanna install it in a bus maybe??? The intake ports are crooked as can be, I could draw better rectangles with my left foot using greased crayons.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
you were going to run that with a holley dual sync distributer, right?

Yes I am and I have every thing for it but they recommend to install an get it running as fuel control only first then add the timing control later.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Yes I am and I have every thing for it but they recommend to install an get it running as fuel control only first then add the timing control later.
I’m kind of worried about this. I’m putting this setup on an un-broken in engine. I’m hoping it fires and runs well enough to get it run in.

I don’t have another distributor laying around to use that’s compatible with my crate motor.

I’m sure it’ll be fine, though. Fortunately it’s not a flat tappet cam, so it won’t be as critical.

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I'm also curious as I'm strongly considering putting the Sniper EFI on my Big Block before spring.. planning on pulling and freshening up the engine which is going to include an intake change as well.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I'm also curious as I'm strongly considering putting the Sniper EFI on my Big Block before spring.. planning on pulling and freshening up the engine which is going to include an intake change as well.

What else are you curious about? For a street engine use a good dual plane. If you get a whistle at idle add a spacer to stop it.

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
What else are you curious about? For a street engine use a good dual plane. If you get a whistle at idle add a spacer to stop it.

Any other issues you had or came up during your install..? I've been researching fuel injection for a few months and when it comes to intakes, it seems there's debates to be had (online Lol) on running a single or dual plane intake and if it's a dual plane adding a spacer or machining a notch into the plenum divider with aftermarket efi's. I think I'm pretty much sold on the Holley Sniper EFI, and going with the complete set up. You ran yours much? How do you like it so far?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
narr