Tailgate protector options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adaml23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Wondering if anyone has installed a plastic tailgate protector like this one but for our trucks? Where did you get it from? Or does anyone have any better ideas on what to use to protect the tailgate when down and being used?

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 144

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Could probably throw on any kind of plate that you'd like. Could even reuse the existing bolts.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Usually anything that had a bed liner in it got some sort of plastic liner screwed to the inside of the tailgate. I just sent one to the junkyard with the remains of my '87.

adaml23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
So would different truck brand/model tailgate pieces fit? Are they all roughly the same size/length for full size trucks? If so, I may just go high up the junkyards around here and make one fit mine. Not too many squares left in the yards around here unfortunately...

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I think the only ones that might be close would be one of the gmt400 trucks. you might need to get some measurements and see whats out there. The older fords might be an option too. their tailgates stayed the same for a several years after chevy changed.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I think the only ones that might be close would be one of the gmt400 trucks. you might need to get some measurements and see whats out there. The older fords might be an option too. their tailgates stayed the same for a several years after chevy changed.

My friend has an 06 F250 his tailgate is bitched up at the top from his wife smashing it with thier horse trailer. I have an aluminum tailgate edge protector. I told him he could have it, I set it on his tailgate and it was as wide as the whole bed. Square beds tailgate are wider then fords whole bed lmao

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
My friend has an 06 F250 his tailgate is bitched up at the top from his wife smashing it with thier horse trailer. I have an aluminum tailgate edge protector. I told him he could have it, I set it on his tailgate and it was as wide as the whole bed. Square beds tailgate are wider then fords whole bed lmao

:rofl: That's funny. I always figured they were similar width. guess not. lol Fwiw, I was picturing the '95 and earlier Fords.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
:rofl: That's funny. I always figured they were similar width. guess not. lol

I though it was funny too.....him not so much which made it even funnier. Also just measured my work truck 2015 F250 and my square is wider. Lol

Last edited: