Suburban Rear Air Conditioning? Overhead Console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CWGRL

Reaction score
First Name
JW
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
OK,

I was just wondering how many with Burbs actually use the rear air conditioning?

I have ripped the headliner out to redo, and was thinking about removing the ugly air conditioning in the back. anything I should know before hand?

Also, IMO the worthless overhead console needs to go or be made useful... LOL

Any thoughts?

JW

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Whenever we use the AC, we use the rear AC too. The rear AC seems to help cool the truck better than the front AC. I've got a big useless console for mine too, just never installed it. I want it just for the better lighting.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
If you ever have Passengers, animals or groceries in the back, the A/C is a nesessity since Burbs are essentially rolling Greenhouses. The front A/C alone is not sufficient to cool the whole truck.
Definately leave it operational. Especially if you trek up Hwy 5 in the summer...this valley is a Scorcher, and I know it gets bad down there sometimes too.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I removed mine. You will need to lengthen the headliner to cover the space if you remove it and some different trim for the r/r pillar. If it was still functional I would have kept it in. I didn't like whacking my head on it every time I tried to load and unload cargo in the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loki1978