Stock vs. Stroker vs. MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Stock vs. Stroker vs. MPG & TBI

I know this is not a square body but more of an engine discussion.
I did a short search and did`nt seem to find any satisfactory information, if there is already a thread on stroker vs`s. MPG then please guide Me toit and delete this thread.
With 251,000 miles on My 93 stock K1500 TBI engine I am thinking about doing a rebuild on My original engine, along with maybe a 383 stroker, but, I do not want to get below the 17 MPG that I consistently am getting with My stock 350.
Probably go with a mild cam, RV cam, something that would`nt cause any problems with the TBIs performance and maybe a bump in compression.
Any kits that are better than any other, I was in the White Performance website and seen their balanced rotating engine kits and they look to be pretty nice. Any other kits that people have tried, which ones is good, which ones to stay away from ???
Also looking to rebuild with the reliability that this stock engine has given Me over the years.

Here`s the kit I seen that really sparked My interest.
http://www.skipwhiteperformance.com/detail.aspx?Item=383S-22D2

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512