Steering box frame brace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
want to come to wv and weld my patch in after you're done? my 83 k10 is cracked need the cracks welded in, then the plate kit you buy welded in on top, gotta bring you rown welder, and I don't have 240 in he garage lol

that goes for any of you guys welding yours in please come do mine
Make sure you drill a small hole at the end of the crack at both ends before it gets welded. Otherwise even after welding it will continue cracking.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I'm going to drill the holes out and put a 1" tube with a 1/2" center in and weld it in on both sides of the frame and run longer bolts through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The way your doing it you shouldn't need the outer brace you will be transferring force threw both parts of the frame. The outer original and your new inner and bolt sleeves.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I know how to do it just hard to see to weld, gonna have to buy me an auto dim helmet and try

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I know how to do it just hard to see to weld, gonna have to buy me an auto dim helmet and try
Ok settle down. I have used a Harbor Frieght blue flame for work for years with out issue. I have a Viking when I'm not working up in the air. $40 vs $300 kinda thing. The Viking is full view the HF one isn't but it works damn good for the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guillermoariast