Spicer driveline?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
While changing my rear u-joints. I noticed that my driveline is stamped Spicer. Is this how they came from the factory, or is it an aftermarket/custom piece?
You must be registered for see images attach

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Could be either. Spicer and Neapco are both huge manufacturers of driveshaft parts.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@nvrenuf Thanks! That's what I was thinking. But, it definitely got me a little curious.

Not knowing the full history of this truck its hard to tell what's been done to it. From everything I've seen on it, one or two early owners took good care of it and put on some nice tough parts when replacing things. But the owner I bought it from did cheaper fixes for most (small) things.

Either way, the new u-joints took care of most of the odd driveline noises that I was having.

Next, I'll have to tackle the front driveline.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
@nvrenuf Thanks! That's what I was thinking. But, it definitely got me a little curious.

Not knowing the full history of this truck its hard to tell what's been done to it. From everything I've seen on it, one or two early owners took good care of it and put on some nice tough parts when replacing things. But the owner I bought it from did cheaper fixes for most (small) things.

Either way, the new u-joints took care of most of the odd driveline noises that I was having.

Next, I'll have to tackle the front driveline.

Mine were the factory drivelines and had the same stamping.

On a side-note... are you going to participate in the Sonic takeover down in Eugene this Saturday? The Eugene squarebody group is putting it on and I was planning on cruising down there the back way through your neck of the woods to help break in the engine and shake out some of the new suspension and driveline stuff.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Mine were the factory drivelines and had the same stamping.

On a side-note... are you going to participate in the Sonic takeover down in Eugene this Saturday? The Eugene squarebody group is putting it on and I was planning on cruising down there the back way through your neck of the woods to help break in the engine and shake out some of the new suspension and driveline stuff.
I was unaware of it. I don't have a Facebook so I miss out on alot of that stuff. I'd definitely be interested in going! Let me know when your wanting to swing through and I'll cruise along. There are some real nice driving roads out that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS