Socket Holders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I kept wondering where I was going to find replacement parts for my pressure washer. It seems like that should be a selling point or something they mention!

Sometimes knock off's are a great idea, I found an RC car chassis that was a knockoff of a kit that cost over 600 bucks. I got mine for something ridiculous like 100 bucks on ebay brand new. The whole thing was the exact same quality except for the plastic suspension arms that were a cheaper material. I spent about 20 bucks to upgrade to the factory name brand arms and saved about 500 bucks!

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
On second thought, get Craftsman rails and forget the hansens...These damned things take up a lot of real estate and I'm going nuts looking at empty pegs for socket sizes I'll never need!

Will get pics soon.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
On second thought, get Craftsman rails and forget the hansens...These damned things take up a lot of real estate and I'm going nuts looking at empty pegs for socket sizes I'll never need!

Will get pics soon.

:pics-stfu:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I think I am going to have to go old school rails and fuggit.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Oh ****, the price is right. But only comes in SAE and 3/8" and 1/2" drive, no 1/4". But it looks very useable. Figure one of each for 3/8" & 1/2" SAE and one each 3/8" & 1/2" Metric, and just label it myself for the metric numbers. ****, $20 bucks plus shipping to organize 66% of my sockets? Fuggin A man, good deal! :handshake:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200329199_200329199

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I just boutght 4 of them, 27.99 with shipping. :High 5:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Those don't look so bad. :High 5:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
You guys inspired me to organize my sockets with all the socket holder talk. At the same time I am tired of lugging around my brief case style molder holder, all the sockets fall out of their place and scatter every time I open it anyways.

I went to harbor freight to look for those magnetic holders but all I could find was the old style rail type. Good news is they are 99 cents a piece, I got 3 1/4, 3 3/8's inch and 3 1/2's inch racks. The total was about 10 bucks, I checked the quality of them before I transfered the sockets to them and they hold the sockets great, but not to tight but PERFECT!

I have way more sockets than I thought, all got organized accordingly. If there was any rail left over I simply cut the extra off with a hacksaw and used the extra rail and clips for smaller sets of sockets.

For ten bucks you cant beat this!

Almost forgot to mention that they are Husky brand sockets.

Last edited:

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
There probably isn't anyone on the board that has a more eclectic collection of sockets than myself. :rofl:

Snap On, Mac, Matco, Cornwell, Craftsman, Plomb, Proto, Husky, Billings, Par-X, Herbrand, Kraeuter, Wright, Hinsdale, Wix, New Britain, None Better, Owatonna Tool Co., Armstrong, Blackhawk, Bonney, P&C, Thorsen, Vlchek, Williams, S K, Truth, Indestro and more...And those are the ones I USE, not what's in my collection.

Every one is USA made except 2, a 4.5mm and a 6.5mm... Why I have them i don't know as 6.5 is equivalent to 1/4" and 4.5 is equivalent to 3/16"...

Last edited:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
There probably isn't anyone on the board that has a more eclectic collection of sockets than myself. :rofl:

Snap On, Mac, Matco, Cornwell, Craftsman, Plomb, Proto, Husky, Billings, Par-X, Herbrand, Kraeuter, Wright, Hinsdale, Wix, New Britain, None Better, Owatonna Tool Co., Armstrong, Blackhawk, Bonney, P&C, Thorsen, Vlchek, Williams, S K, Truth, Indestro and more...And those are the ones I USE, not what's in my collection.

Every one is USA made except 2, a 4.5mm and a 6.5mm... Why I have them i don't know as 6.5 is equivalent to 1/4" and 4.5 is equivalent to 3/16"...

:pics-stfu:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I've got to get a big tool box so I can organize all my sockets, At one point in 04 I got a complete socket set from SK off the truck and its mixed in with a huge tub of tools I have to go through.

I got this set from home depot about a year and a half ago, I never realized how many sockets it came with. Honestly every configuration, I think with some good impact sockets I will be set. Its even got some 8 point star sockets I dont im not sure I remember using. Maybe seatbelt nuts on later model vehicles? Thats the only thing that comes to mind.

Last edited:

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Can't go wrong with the HF impacts, they're actually pretty good and cheap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshinIT