Socket Holders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I should probably get an impact first :lol:. I had a decent half inch impact a few years ago but I dont even know where it went. Man I wish I kept better track of my tools.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
In all honesty, the $30 Kobalt is a pretty damn good impact for general use, like lugnuts.

I'm going to pick up an Earthquake from HF soon though...Best bang for the buck.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've got a set of cheap impact sockets too and haven't broke a one of them. I have an expensive set of deep well 1/2 in drive Snap On's though. I bought them years and years ago off the snap on truck and I think paid to much for them back then. But I have never broke one of those either and I have been rugged on those dudes. Using a breaker bar with a 5ft cheater pipe and still didn't break them.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I should probably get an impact first :lol:. I had a decent half inch impact a few years ago but I dont even know where it went. Man I wish I kept better track of my tools.

I have got tools I started buying when I was 15yo. Always had a tool fetish. One thing I always took care of was my tools. I have lost very very few tools if any. The couple I have missing, I know who has them, or had them last, and I know I'll never see them again. One being my Craftsman wireless end crimp tool, and another being a 1/4 Craftsman nutdriver. Makes me sick too cuz the 1/4 in nutdriver can't be replaced. Sears didn't carry them but for a couple of years. The triangle handle with the hex back up on the shaft. Love those things.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Makes me sick too cuz the 1/4 in nutdriver can't be replaced. Sears didn't carry them but for a couple of years. The triangle handle with the hex back up on the shaft. Love those things.

Let me look in my collection, I have 3 or 4 different C-man nut drivers and I think I saw one like that. if I do, it's yours.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Let me look in my collection, I have 3 or 4 different C-man nut drivers and I think I saw one like that. if I do, it's yours.

Awesome. You know which ones I am talking about? The triangle rubber grip ones? I liked them so much I bought a set, then went back and bought another set for work. So I have 2 sets, but 1 is missing the 1/4 and it can be replaced. I never did think to check eBay though.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, thats the 3/8 stubby. Mine are longer and have a hex just below the handle so you can back them up with a wrench.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I recognize the handle of that craftsman 3/8's ratchet, I have an old school one just like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshinIT