Signal/ hazard issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Olblue

Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I just bought my first square body, it's a 1985 k20 Silverado package camper special. So far it's a sweet truck, but yesterday I thought I'd see if the hazards work and ever since I pulled the switch neither the hazards or the blinkers work. The blinkers worked just fine up to that point but now nothin. Any ideas on what could be wrong? The fuse isn't blown either

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Have you tried replacing the flasher relays? Your turn signal relay is gonna be in the fuse box, and the hazard relay is gonna be in the "convenience center" to the right of the pedal.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Additionally the turn signal/hazard switch may be dirty. You could try pushing and pulling the hazard switch a few times. otherwise you will want to try to clean it. you will need to remove the wheel, locking and horn cam to get to it.

Olblue

Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks for the quick replies guys. So I changed the flashers... nothing. So then I took apart the column and replaced the switch and it worked. I then reassembled the column and it stopped working and no horn. I pulled it apart again and still nothing from the horn or the signals. Any ideas??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MenDeeZee