should i lift it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crew cab
Engine Size
Throw it in and see. You could be better off with 35s and a good winch. I started off with a 2 inch then 4 inch then 6 inch and then 8 now Iam going with ten for the articulation issues. Here for me 35s is hardly offroad capable in a full size. Everyone and there dog runs 35s for daily drivers up here. If the parts are cheap or free run them. If you are buying a kit I would go 6or 8. 6 inch lift isn't very high in a fullsize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crew cab
Engine Size
The easy inch gets u off the firewall

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, I think if I were to buying a kit and having to extend driveshafts, convert to crossover sterring and all the good **** to go with it, I think id just do that 8 inch lift. The one I'm putting together with FREE axles, lockers, lift etc, I intend pretty much to be something I'd drive daily if the mpg isn't to bad. I won't have to drive it daily but probably would like to.

I do hope to be more aggresive with a K5 or K20 Burb someday.

Chuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crew cab
Engine Size
Post picks and let us know how she's going

jgorski369

Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
would I have to lengthen drive shafts front or rear at all with a 4in lift or would I be right on the money with it??

Right now I have 31s on my truck, would It be better to do 33s on a 4in or would it be fine with 35s?? I know the 35s might rub a little but ill be okay with that ill just cut out what I need to.
maybe once I get it all done ill post a pic of it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
With 4in you should not have to lengthen the driveshafts or do a crossover steering. I think that's why it's such a popular lift option. 33's are perfect, yes 35's will rub a little when you get a bet aggresive but if you trim the fenders some you should be fine.

I'm not 100% positive, maybe someone else with more experience in lifts can confirm, I think you rear Dshaft is OK with the 6in and front is the one that will have be added to a bit.

Chuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crew cab
Engine Size
Ya that is true. I think 6 is best bet. With a 8 inch lift I was able to use a 90s Manuel drive shaft on my 81 with Manuel. What tranny do u have

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misty Blue