Shackle Flip Lift ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

junkyardog05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454/ 400 turbo/ NP203
that's exactly what I have except the 52's up front works great looks great with 37" tires

I have a crew cab square that's a short bed it should look awesome on 37's.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
So factory rear hangers cut and the shackle moved down should give roughly how much lift?

My front springs im putting on are supposedly 6". So i need to know what i have to do to the back.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Does anyone have a side pic of the shackle flip from a little ways away? The one pic was taken from that angle, but the bottom of the rear fender had been trimmed away.

Basically I'm wondering if the spring and shackle will be seen and is hanging down below the bottom of the rear fender (hope that makes sense).

junkyardog05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454/ 400 turbo/ NP203
Does anyone have a side pic of the shackle flip from a little ways away? The one pic was taken from that angle, but the bottom of the rear fender had been trimmed away.

Basically I'm wondering if the spring and shackle will be seen and is hanging down below the bottom of the rear fender (hope that makes sense).

I'm pretty sure that you wont be able to see the hanger from the side but I'm not 100% on that.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size

A 4" flip with longer shackles will show.

junkyardog05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454/ 400 turbo/ NP203

Boss drove his truck in today with 6 inch lift all spring in front and blocks in back and the bottom of his spring hanger is lower than bed side with a factory hanger. So it will show I was wrong before in thinking that it wouldn't.

KyleSJ6033

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
Just a question as I have been following this post, what year HD shackles is everyone using. I already have the shackle flip on mine and am about to do shackles on the front also. I have found a set of 2" lift shackles for front, but this is the first time I have seen anyone actually using the HD shackles.

I have a 4" lift kit already on mine. shackle flip and 4" front springs (not 52 swap)

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
DIY4X flip and switch is a better product, IMO. Easier to tinge shackle length and angle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64