SBC 350 with new cam will not start, only pops a couple times then nothing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Or just have a throttle motor and have it drive by wire.......

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Or just have a throttle motor and have it drive by wire.......
Yeah that would work ---BUT when the ectocoating on the thermal support reaches critical mass, what will happen to the Chernobyl valve?? Did I get that right Shortbread???

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I don't get the "sucking on both sides" thing, but anytime you put an open spacer on the hole gets bigger and the thicker the spacer the bigger the hole(going into tunnelram effect)and needs more fuel to cover the hole when you stand on it don't matter what carb you have, but spacer or not don't have anything to do with starting, if it won't start or run without the choke, there's something else going on....

Disclaimer: I don't get the post so what I just said probably didn't mean ****, lol..

If this was the case there would be vehicles stopped on the side of the road at every hill you come to, lol, but lean it over far enough(like ready to roll over or something, lol)don't matter what carb you have it's bound to uncover the jets, it's the gravity thing, lol..

ROLMFAO...

****, that's a no brainer there, just make a flexible bellows type spacer, make a pulley arrangement front and back, side to side and just run strings through the firewall to a bracket on the steering column for easy reach, anytime you come to any type of incline just pull a string to level the carb, done deal... FORGET IT, I already applied for the patent... :happy175:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
WTF, double post??????..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I don't get the "sucking on both sides" thing, but anytime you put an open spacer on the hole gets bigger and the thicker the spacer the bigger the hole(going into tunnelram effect)and needs more fuel to cover the hole when you stand on it don't matter what carb you have, but spacer or not don't have anything to do with starting, if it won't start or run without the choke, there's something else going on....

Disclaimer: I don't get the post so what I just said probably didn't mean ****, lol..

If this was the case there would be vehicles stopped on the side of the road at every hill you come to, lol, but lean it over far enough(like ready to roll over or something, lol)don't matter what carb you have it's bound to uncover the jets, it's the gravity thing, lol..

ROLMFAO...

****, that's a no brainer there, just make a flexible bellows type spacer, make a pulley arrangement front and back, side to side and just run strings through the firewall to a bracket on the steering column for easy reach, anytime you come to any type of incline just pull a string to level the carb, done deal... FORGET IT, I already applied for the patent... :happy175:
You ain’t stealing my 4 carb radial design....

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC

Well Damn... Don't that beat all.. Me and Donkey **** been racking our brains with this problem, and you come on here and in a matter of seconds you have the problem solved with some pieces of string and a condom..:driver:

Geee! I wish I was smart like you..:happy175::happy175::happy175:

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I know several off roaders that use a quadrabog mounted backwards and using a looooong throttle cable that loops around the front of the engine

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I know several off roaders that use a quadrabog mounted backwards and using a looooong throttle cable that loops around the front of the engine
I saw that once before, thought I was dreaming, lol..

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well Damn... Don't that beat all.. Me and Donkey **** been racking our brains with this problem, and you come on here and in a matter of seconds you have the problem solved with some pieces of string and a condom..:driver:

Geee! I wish I was smart like you..:happy175::happy175::happy175:
:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::waytogo:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
That would be a slobberjet lol

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Aw hell I thought he meant a radial engine design with a carb at ever angle...owell back to the drawing board.

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
It becomes a quadrabog if you flip it backwards and install it on a 71 Ford Bronco ....
What does it make the F****.. The Fo***.. Hell, I can't even say it....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajiuo666