Rust Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
No
Truck Year
No
Truck Model
No
Engine Size
No
No.
Conventional Por15 is a coating that prevents future rust. They also make a converter they call "Rust Dissolve" which is the equivalent of what you already used. The Por 15 Rust Preventative would not be redundant.

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Awesome! Thank you midnight! I am very pleased with how the sheet metal looks on this truck. It's remarkable. The stuff I applied thus far was super easy to apply and seems to be of high quality.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Awesome! Thank you midnight! I am very pleased with how the sheet metal looks on this truck. It's remarkable. The stuff I applied thus far was super easy to apply and seems to be of high quality.
I wouldn't put por 15 over a different coating,not how it was designed to work. It is designed to be used over phosphoric acid prepped metal. Part of a 3 step process ( water based cleaner) marine clean ( phosphoric acid etch) metal ready prep ( top coat ) Por 15. I use a similiar 3 step process lots of people have for decades. Mine step 1 simple green or purple power cleaner. Ospho phosphoric etch. Top coat depends on where I'm using it and for what reason. POR 15 over a different coating maybe would be fine,but the price and work involved I'd use, POR15 by the book or whatever your previous coating manufacturer recommends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko