Rigging up cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Handy Andy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra 1500
Engine Size
actually, scratch that, I just found a pdf of a service manual for my exact truck and it has a pretty good layout of the CC system. I should be able to get it all fingered out

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I put a Rostra in my 73 dually and it was all plug and play, easy as can be to install, they are a real nice unit.

Handy Andy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra 1500
Engine Size
I put a Rostra in my 73 dually and it was all plug and play, easy as can be to install, they are a real nice unit.

Did you buy a control switch from them? I'm trying to incorporate my oem on-the-stalk cruise control functions. It doesn't look like it will be hard to figure out tho.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Did you buy a control switch from them? I'm trying to incorporate my oem on-the-stalk cruise control functions. It doesn't look like it will be hard to figure out tho.
Yep, they have all different kinds of stalks to fit your application to make it look like factory, if you go to their site look for universal kits and you'll see a whole list to choose from.

oldman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 1500
Engine Size
Im looking for a factory setup for my 85 if anyone has one

Handy Andy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra 1500
Engine Size
Yep, they have all different kinds of stalks to fit your application to make it look like factory, if you go to their site look for universal kits and you'll see a whole list to choose from.

yea I was looking those over, they don't have any that match the one in my truck so I guess I'll just have to work on getting the original one wired up to the rostra kit

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
yea I was looking those over, they don't have any that match the one in my truck so I guess I'll just have to work on getting the original one wired up to the rostra kit
Well that sucks, I'd call them up and ask them about it and see what they say about it, maybe they have one that would work and not shown, if anything maybe they they can walk you through hooking it up to your deal, wouldn't hurt to ask..

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Or give up and cheap out. I think Lowe's have bricks for about $.78 cents.

Didn't mean to be a smart ass but.... When I drove that Kia from Los Angeles to OKC that I picked up from my cousin, and my bad back... OMG was my back killing me on that drive. I have a piece of New Mexico with me. I hurt so damn bad, I did. I pulled the hell over and found me a good rectangular like rock out there in the desert on the roadside. It took some adjusting and getting it just right but I did get some relief on the flat straight aways.

Handy Andy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra 1500
Engine Size
Well that sucks, I'd call them up and ask them about it and see what they say about it, maybe they have one that would work and not shown, if anything maybe they they can walk you through hooking it up to your deal, wouldn't hurt to ask..

Yea, I sent them an email a few days ago. If I don't hear back from them by the time I get the truck back from the transmission shop then I will probably give them a call. Had to take the truck in cuz the TCC solenoid took a **** and the transmission is under warranty. Hoping to get it back before November 10th cuz that is deer season opener up here.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yea, I sent them an email a few days ago. If I don't hear back from them by the time I get the truck back from the transmission shop then I will probably give them a call. Had to take the truck in cuz the TCC solenoid took a **** and the transmission is under warranty. Hoping to get it back before November 10th cuz that is deer season opener up here.
When I bought mine I had to call them on an issue and they're customer service was very good, they straightened it out right away so I'm sure they'll help you out.... Sucks about the tranny, glad it's under warranty though..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB