Windshield Wiper Pulse Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7dane7

Reaction score
First Name
Dane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 / K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Been driving my 88 K5 for the last year or so following a 2 year restoration of it. Recently, I have encountered a confusing issue and I wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen. My wipers won't stop unless you twist the multi-function turn signal switch to the off position, and hold until the wipers have arrived at the position that you want them to stop.

I have no wiper delay--only fast, have already replaced the delay pulse module at the bottom of the steering wheel (15598460), and have replaced the turn signal multi-function switch with cruise control. Do I have a bad wiper motor park switch or could it be the switch inside of the steering column that the turn signal multi-function switch clicks into?

You must be registered for see images attach

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Very nice lookin' squarebody!
Since you're replaced the common parts I'd go with the Park switch inside of the motor. The contacts can burn/corrode but can be cleaned up and not replaced.

Welcome to GMSB from NE Georgia!

7dane7

Reaction score
First Name
Dane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 / K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Thank you! Do you know of any users/threads that have done that? I'd like to give it a go.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
@Doppleganger did an excellent article on wiper motors that you should check out. Go here . . .

Also, be absolutely certain that your wiper motor has continuity between the motor case and chassis ground.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Curious where you got your pulse module from? I have a slightly different issue with mine, I only have low and high with no intermittent at all. With them on low or high, you can turn the switch back into the pulse section and they park properly.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Curious where you got your pulse module from? I have a slightly different issue with mine, I only have low and high with no intermittent at all. With them on low or high, you can turn the switch back into the pulse section and they park properly.
Me too. I got a new AC Delco delay module and have the same issue as you. I'm thinking about digging into it. I rebuilt mu column, all new harness, switch and everything.

Last edited:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Me too. I got a new AC Delco selay module and have the same issue as you. I'm thinking about digging into it. I rebuilt mu column, all new harness, switch and everything.
Let us know what you find, I'd certainly be curious to see what the fix is. My truck has been like that for a long time now, it's just an annoyance. It would certainly be nice to have the intermittent back

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
sounds like the park switch in the motor for OP. it's not intended to be serviceable, really. but if you are adventurous, it is possible. i'd replace the motor with a WAI motor if it isn't parking.

if everything works properly except the delay, it is likely the pulse module. it too, is serviceable if you can solder. otherwise it is a replacement.

I've posted a part number for a pulse module that was available.

more info and part number here - https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/wiper-pulse-module-15598496.28952/

Mango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Same issues just started high low work, washer work, delay just stays on will not park, pulled out the pulse module cleaned contacts and used deltaic grease no work?
Can you repair the Pulse Module? Perfect timing as winter is here snow tonight

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Been driving my 88 K5 for the last year or so following a 2 year restoration of it. Recently, I have encountered a confusing issue and I wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen. My wipers won't stop unless you twist the multi-function turn signal switch to the off position, and hold until the wipers have arrived at the position that you want them to stop.

I have no wiper delay--only fast, have already replaced the delay pulse module at the bottom of the steering wheel (15598460), and have replaced the turn signal multi-function switch with cruise control. Do I have a bad wiper motor park switch or could it be the switch inside of the steering column that the turn signal multi-function switch clicks into?

You must be registered for see images attach
Was dealing with this same issue for years. Replacing the wiper motor fixed it. Wish I had done it sooner. Utube for vids on how to change it.

Mango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well I check the pulse board after doing relentless research Find out that the Thyristor may have failed? removed it and tested bad from the Google video,I Watched . Ordered new ones From Amazon made in China
$7.00 for 10. Nope not the issue still no interment wipers or stoping? Looks like I will need a Pulse Board? If that does not work New Motor or do not drive in Bad weather

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Normally the wipers are going too fast you cut power,they go to park,coast through park, now they try to cycle and return to park, but coast past and try again repeat, repeat. Sounds like a new wiper,or rebuilt wiper motor is the solution,fresh brushes,and bushings,park switch etc.

Last edited:

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
Normally the wipers are going too fast you cut power,they go to park,coast through park, now they try to cycle and return to park, but coast past and try again repeat, repeat. Sounds like a new wiper,or rebuilt wiper motor is the solution,fresh brushes,and bushings,park switch etc.

yep. parking has nothing to do with the pulse module. the park switch is in the motor. time for a motor replacement. several, including me have had good luck with WAI brand.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Well I check the pulse board after doing relentless research Find out that the Thyristor may have failed? removed it and tested bad from the Google video,I Watched . Ordered new ones From Amazon made in China
$7.00 for 10. Nope not the issue still no interment wipers or stoping? Looks like I will need a Pulse Board? If that does not work New Motor or do not drive in Bad weather
Capacitors have a limited life. Get the values and they can be ordered from Mouser Electronics.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
yep. parking has nothing to do with the pulse module. the park switch is in the motor. time for a motor replacement. several, including me have had good luck with WAI brand.
Just my 2 cents but check your ground connection between the motor and the chassis. I just fixed my wiper 'park' problem last week by cleaning that connection. You should also check that your interior wiper switch is grounded too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko