rear window 77 suburban off track or something

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
it was fine when i got it so i don't know what happened but now it doesn't go up properly :/ as if it's off the track on the right side. how easy is it for me to fix this? right now it's just sort of closed and i taped off the other areas since it's finally raining here but it looks really ghetto!

if i put it back on the track, what is the best way to prevent it from happening in the future?

thanks!

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Open up the inspection panel on the gate and have a look see. Might be off
the track, the window run in the track is damaged or missing or there is an issue with the regulator.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
Open up the inspection panel on the gate and have a look see. Might be off
the track, the window run in the track is damaged or missing or there is an issue with the regulator.

Maybe tonight I'll take a look at it then as it's going to rain again next week. I don't have power windows so unsure about the regulator you are referring to, but I will pull it apart and take a look. Could it have fallen off the track even if the track is intact and I slammed the tailgate closed with the window all the way down? It is really hard to close as the whole thing does have some body damage and is tweaked and requires a very hard slam to get it to latch. If it's simply off the track I'll get it back on the track and then just not roll it all the way down since I think that's what messed it up the first time. Of course, I could find a different tailgate/window unit from the junkyard if it's easy to change, but I don't really want to spend that money right now. I appreciate your input.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Check the track, either bent, missing window felt guide or both. Pulling the panel off should make it obvious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512