Pull n pay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarthKnight84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
Local junk yard is having a $60 all you can carry deal this Sunday. Anything I should be looking to grab? I remember reading something about camaro dual fans and possibly the radiator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Local junk yard is having a $60 all you can carry deal this Sunday. Anything I should be looking to grab? I remember reading something about camaro dual fans and possibly the radiator?

Try your best to carry out a whole truck?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Jeep XJ Cherokee intermediate steering shaft for sure. As many as you can find.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've been to those deals before. I carried a complete engine with the transmission all carefully balanced in one of their home made carts.

DarthKnight84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
Why is this a thing to do?

DarthKnight84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
I've been to those deals before. I carried a complete engine with the transmission all carefully balanced in one of their home made carts.

It'll just be me and the wife, but I'll try my damndest if I can. I think this place won't let you use a cart for deals like this though. I saw a guy on their site from last year carrying an engine in his arms.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
The XJ shaft is a mod that works with many GM cars and trucks between 1977 and 1996. It has the same ends as the factory rag jointed intermediate shaft but uses universal joints instead. It's very tight, and if your Saginaw box and steering components are in good shape, you'll notice the difference. I'm talking instant output from the smallest nudge of the steering wheel. You want to get 1996 or earlier shafts, and I'd stick strictly to Cherokees and not be tempted by Grand Cherokees or whatever else is there.

JTWard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Silverado
Engine Size
350 Gasoline
Ever since I finished my 88 Blazer, It's become a past time for me, I buy all of the parts that are no longer available, Like the radio and HVAC head dash unit. I bought a "Magnaflow" exhaust for $200 as no manufactured. wiper fluid hoses and nozzles. I bought a used dashboard for the same reason. These trucks are 27 years old, and at the rate the government is looking to crush them, from a parts outlook, won't be long . . .

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
The XJ shaft is a mod that works with many GM cars and trucks between 1977 and 1996. It has the same ends as the factory rag jointed intermediate shaft but uses universal joints instead. It's very tight, and if your Saginaw box and steering components are in good shape, you'll notice the difference. I'm talking instant output from the smallest nudge of the steering wheel. You want to get 1996 or earlier shafts, and I'd stick strictly to Cherokees and not be tempted by Grand Cherokees or whatever else is there.

Grand Cherokee will not work anyway, it is different. Wrangler shafts will work with a body lift.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Grand Cherokee will not work anyway, it is different. Wrangler shafts will work with a body lift.
And Cherokee I had to compress mine like 3/4" to get it in and pull it out like 5/8 to fully engages splines and get the bolt in. That's with a 2" body lift.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
The easy money is thing's like window switches, console lid's that aren't cracked or worn, mirrors with temp and compass, etc etc. Explorer 5.0 intakes sell for over 150 and are fairly easy to pull also.

I used to make my living pulling parts in the junkyard and selling them on Ebay, the high margin stuff isn't all that glamorous.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
The easy money is thing's like window switches, console lid's that aren't cracked or worn, mirrors with temp and compass, etc etc. Explorer 5.0 intakes sell for over 150 and are fairly easy to pull also.

I used to make my living pulling parts in the junkyard and selling them on Ebay, the high margin stuff isn't all that glamorous.
Go figure the Exploders and Mousekateers got GT 40 heads and intakes its sort of confusing but it is Ford

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Go figure the Exploders and Mousekateers got GT 40 heads and intakes its sort of confusing but it is Ford

Yeah, but the heads are a pain to pull lol.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yeah, but the heads are a pain to pull lol.
Indeed they are but it's a Ford and well that part makes sense and that doesn't make sense oh now my head hurts stupid Fords.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS