Finally pulled the trigger. My C10 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
Nice ...wish I had that much room to work on mine . The drive way will have to do lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Bro, I actually just bought the house two months ago and its my first time having a twin car garage. Its well worth it. I told the wife she could do whatever she wanted with the rest of the house but the garage is MINE lol I've beeb waiting to have a twin garage precisely to do this. Two post lift coming soon lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

John Salyards

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Nice ... I'm jealous ... congrats on the house and the project truck ... I spent 2 hrs driving to a parts yards 2 hrs going through it ... and 2 hrs driving home today lol ... I have a 78 gmc ... parts are hard to come by .. so get your cc out .. haha ... but seriously it's so much fun .. least you're an actual mechanic . .I have to Google everything or go through post here haha
Bro, I actually just bought the house two months ago and its my first time having a twin car garage. Its well worth it. I told the wife she could do whatever she wanted with the rest of the house but the garage is MINE lol I've beeb waiting to have a twin garage precisely to do this. Two post lift coming soon lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Damn!!! In 9 months women make babies lol you would think it'd be enough to make a lowering kit lol good luck bro!

Thank you, I am in dire need of some luck on this.

42Grand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@deve05 How is the project coming along? Did you get the parts for your drop yet? I would love that same look on my truck. I'm picking up my c10 today and have tons of ideas.

Kim Burke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
So I wanted to add this pic to my thread. I don't know whose truck this is, it's just an picture off instagram. But this is what I'm shooting for as far as how low I want to go.

I want to do a static drop. I'm not crazy about air bags, or hydraulics even though I respect every enthusiasts likes and wants. It's just not for me. Anyways, here are some of my first questions:

To those of you with a better trained eye than myself, about how many inches of drop is this? Front? Rear?

How involved is it to achieve this ride height? What mods am I looking at? Bolt ons? Extra frame work?

I can see that truck has drums on the rear, I'm gonna be upgrading to a locking G80 differential from a newer silverado and I'm thinking of carrying over the caliper brackets to convert to discs. Am i being realistic? Again im a noob to this and I'm brain storming so feel free to correct me and tell me I've no clue what I'm doing lol
You must be registered for see images attach

If you haven't gotten too far?

Rear? That is a definate flip kit w/ C-notch in the rear, 7" drop minimum probably because it's level. Front? Several ways to accomplish this drop. I'd guess a 5" drop with 3" drop coils and 2" drop spindles. Drop spindles are a good investment because the ball joints aren't in as much of a bind. I've put 15" wheels on mine that certainly made clearance issues at the upper A frames. This truck may have 18's" frt and 20's rear.
No long tubes on this baby, they would be speed bump bangers FOR SURE!
Sweet stance, great target to shoot for, good luck, my friend.

Tank6x2

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Truck Year
79/86
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
350, TH400.4:10 gears 2WD
Nice project truck you’ve got started bubba! How goes the rebuild to date!?

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
Nice project truck you’ve got started bubba! How goes the rebuild to date!?
Hey sorry, for the late response. School has me slammed, I work full time and also take six classes.

Haven't gotten very far with the build due to this but I'm picking it back up tomorrow, and I'm gonna have a full three months of summer to work on it. I made a seperate post about an estimate I got from a local body guy that scared the living s*** outta me. The old timers on here gave me great advice, some were gentle about it, others beat me over the head with it lol but I'll be the first to say I'm a noob to this and way outta my depth.

However, I took everything they said with a grain of salt and I held on to the truck waiting to make up my mind with what I was going to do.

I've decided to follow some really good advice to take this as an opportunity to learn things I don't know how to do and save some money along the way.

I got some really good advice to buy a welder and spend time practicing and little by little do things myself. It took me a while but I've decided I'm gonna hang on to my truck and go slow with it.

If the folks here continue to be as helpful as they've been so hard(even though they can be grouchy old farts at times) I'm sure I can learn loads here.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Kim Burke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Good for you, unless you are needing a ride to work, in that case, hurry. You’ve got an excellent opportunity to come out the other side with skills you’ll use as much as the education you’re working so hard to get. As a plus, you’ll have done something not many can do. Start, persevere, and finish a project. There’s plenty of examples of that on here. LOL

deve05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
305 C.I.
Good for you, unless you are needing a ride to work, in that case, hurry. You’ve got an excellent opportunity to come out the other side with skills you’ll use as much as the education you’re working so hard to get. As a plus, you’ll have done something not many can do. Start, persevere, and finish a project. There’s plenty of examples of that on here. LOL
Nah I've got two other cars for work. What scared me off for a bit was the body shop guy quoted me 12k to fix my cab and paint the truck..... And that was with me stripping the whole thing down to just the body for them. Yet I go on LMC truck and all the cab repair panels combined don't even make it to 250 bucks.... I got very frustrated by that, but I'm over it now.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tater81