Project Mini me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
Good job!

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
Looks Sharp!

Thanks...
Good job!

Appreciate it...

So I had my girl drive it to the store the other day... Her last experience since was when the sterring went out making a turn and the wheel spun like a pirate ship turning full right... Anyways scary stuff... And you kinda extrapolate at freeway speeds (which I was headed on right after that unsuccessful trip) may have been lethal, so she has been shook up, telling me to return it to stock :emotions34:. So yesterday when she said she felt more confident in it....:rockit:

So I drove her to work yesterday and basically sat in the 5mph stop and go traffic. Then on the way home got to beat on her a little and try and shake stuff loose and break in my new brakes...

My colleague got a new jeep so I took some pics...
You must be registered for see images attach

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
Cool

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
Welp.... All things come to an end... I had an opportunity to get my deam truck (minus the quad cab)finally at a semi affordable price.... I fell in love with my 85 solid axle efi auto ac ps blue one, but 22res are tough to pass smog...

They didnt take trade ins, but I couldnt pass her up....figured id just sell private party....letting her go for cheap...

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-chevy-tracker-lifted/6541298719.html?lang=en&cc=us

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Wow, Bummer. Sorry to hear. It won't take long to sell a 6.2 VIN truck exempt from smog in Cali. Hopefully you'll enjoy the rice as much as the could have the meat and taters of 'Merica muscle and steel.

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
Wow, Bummer. Sorry to hear. It won't take long to sell a 6.2 VIN truck exempt from smog in Cali. Hopefully you'll enjoy the rice as much as the could have the meat and taters of 'Merica muscle and steel.
The issue is, it aint a truck with blown motor. Still needs many systems fixed. Had the authorities not been contacted, it might be closer or done by now, but it seems that ship is sailing.

As far as rice, toyota seems more american with assembly plants in the usa employing people in the usa vs everything made in canada or mexico for Govt Motors since the buy out. No more olds, Pontiac, because of ceo mismanagement coorporate sell out, golden parachute greed...sad really....plus i like how japanesse manufactures go to the .01 for tolerances vs .1.

Heres my perfect example in 2002 I did a statistics project on camqro vs mustang. Z28 ls1 was 22k....mustang gt cost more for less hp then. Now look at how much a 18 camaro z28 costs, or the brand new quad/crew cab checy with side stripes to make it painted like a 70c20 or square, and its like 60 or 80k....it's justto a place I think I will be buying second hand indefinately with deflation and devaluation of our US dollar.

That being said...shoebox nova's still got a place in my heart....

I am willing if any gm square body member here wants the square to sell it for $100 and you pay tow... It will take some work getting out of garage... No parting out, even though ord shackle flip was $300 alone. Just remeber Ca reg is 1300$ and id only have a piece of paper saying I sold ot to you, pkus paperwork from tow company...

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
nevermind read the thread.

Last edited:

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
$1300 for registration for a square?

My k10 is only $203.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Back fees added on?

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
$1300 for registration for a square?

My k10 is only $203.
Back fees added on?

Yes back fees added up...dont know if they will fall off (after 7 years)or if thats myth, and it keep re-newing annually, like $750 falls off one year then $750 gets added simultaneously for the new year so it hovers there until paid:deal:

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Yes back fees added up...dont know if they will fall off (after 7 years)or if thats myth, and it keep re-newing annually, like $750 falls off one year then $750 gets added simultaneously for the new year so it hovers there until paid:deal:
Ahh gotcha. I was wondering how it could be $1300 for regular annual registration.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Every time I read a 60 page build thread of yours you sell the sob!

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
SOLD!!!SOLD!!!!SOLD!!!

$1600 to the same neighbor.... Hope he makes a killing.

So nowI I have tacoma, prius, and square..

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Post the Square in the Classifieds section here. I can't think of all of our Sac area members, but other Cali members might be interested too since it's a smog exempt Cali truck. Did you cut the frame off yet so if the want to put a full size bed back on it they can? Some might like it cut. Some of the rock crawlers do.

I've watched this guy build this truck here in OKC. These pics were taken Sunday.

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
Post the Square in the Classifieds section here. I can't think of all of our Sac area members, but other Cali members might be interested too since it's a smog exempt Cali truck. Did you cut the frame off yet so if the want to put a full size bed back on it they can? Some might like it cut. Some of the rock crawlers do.

I've watched this guy build this truck here in OKC. These pics were taken Sunday.

Will post in classifieds...just cut bed. Didnt touch frame for cut....nice truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512