Opinions on superlift. 12"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
That's a shame about your bolts. I freakin hate Bondo. When I had my 35s and the old diesel I used to do 130 kmh all the time was the best speed for fuel efficiency. But I just realized you said MPH. Holy crap Batman. that's almost suicidal

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
75 something (maybe ???)
Truck Model
k10 and a 1/3
Engine Size
I typoed in my post earlier and just caught it. I had 2" springs with the 4" stock lift blocks, not the other way around D'OH!

The other thing is I had a dropped pitman arm. So the combination of the dropped pitman and raised steering arm equals 6" with no blocks required. I am trying to remember all of this from over thirty years ago so bear with me.

If you have a welder and can get some square tubing making one of those over-the-tire steps is a simple matter. We had one from Snap-on at work and it was adjustable for tire size. It would work over a semi tire down to a little bitty sized tire (but why). It was a little narrow to actually work from if you had to stretch for something however. It was made with (brainfart here) punched metal with the really rough surface on top. No-slip. It adjusted for height too. Plus it folded up flat. I'd make one at home myself, it would cost more probably but it would just what the doc ordered. It could be made 18" deep so big feet could be comfortable on it.

This is similar just not big enough for a monster sized tire> http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200332573_200332573

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here's what everyone with a lift needs to work on their truck. Find you an old wire or cable spool. Plenty of platform and it won't slip and get away from you. I've got 2 and not giving them up for nothing. They come in handy for many things.

Attachments

• 86bed 002.jpg
    86bed 002.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 101

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
75 something (maybe ???)
Truck Model
k10 and a 1/3
Engine Size
I've never seen that before. I use them for picnic tables and work platforms. To get them find a electric supply firm that works with contractors. That's where I get the ones I use. I get them for free but occasionally they might charge for them. The last time I went was few years ago and they gave me all sizes and as many I could fit in the back of the pickup. Be warned that they don't take to being wet for very long, a couple of years max. They are normally just cheap pine wood. If you can get one made of hardwood, wow that would be great. I have only seen a few and those generally bring a premium, if they get rid of them at all. I sprayed one I gave my BIL with Thompsons water seal, but he sold his place a year after that so I can't vouch for whether it did any good or not for longevity.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Most places will charge you a core for those spools. upwards of $100. So if you get one for free, you have scored!

I was thinking of making 3 saw horses 5 feet long and about 1 1/2 ' tall so I can walk all the way around on them. Sounds like a lot of work though so im still thinking about it.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Most places will charge you a core for those spools. upwards of $100. So if you get one for free, you have scored!

I was thinking of making 3 saw horses 5 feet long and about 1 1/2 ' tall so I can walk all the way around on them. Sounds like a lot of work though so im still thinking about it.

I have a buddy that works for the electric co-op here that just brought me some the other day for free. They get all they want. The co-op doesn't have anything to do with them once they are empty so they let their employees take all they want. If anybody is ever down this way and wants some just let me know, Im starting to get a nice collection. I make patio tables and stuff out of them, but they are great to stand on if you have a lifted truck and cant reach the motor.

PRECISION

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
i just finished installing the 12" superlift kit with 38s on my 86 K10 short bed...

Pros;
- purchasing kit got most of what needed
- very simple installation
- fast way to get truck up there!

Cons;
- ton of grade 8 hardware needed, is not included
- front driveshaft will need be custom made, there 1" opt spacer dont cut it lol
- rear had to be lengthened - expected that
- need major steering reinforcement items - ORD.com
- brake line hardware supplied was a joke, needed to order SS separate from skyjacker
- no shock boots included, had to order seperate.....

list goes on..
truck looks badass though and great for around town driving and muddin, which was my intent....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06