Differential Kit Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kilian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
K
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 hopefully converting to K2500
Engine Size
Hello folks, planning to rebuild a 14 bolt full float rear axle and 10 bolt front axle as part of my 4x4 project. Looking for some input and opinions on the various bearing kits on the market, specifically those from DT, Motive Gear, and Richmond Gear. These three all seem to be similar in price, with the DT DRK kits a little cheaper, then Richmond and Motive Gear.

For the 14-bolt, the kits I've been eyeing include DRK325MK from Drive Train Components/Timken, 83-1063-1 from Richmond, and R14RMKHT from Motive Gear. All promise having Timken bearings, although the Motive Gear kit on Summit mentions that there might be suitable replacements if Timkens are not available.

What have others used on projects?

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Interesting question. I've been researching rebuild kits for my t-case. I'm no longer of the opinion that one manufacturer is far superior than all others. I'm seeing kits with NACHI bearings. Huh? So I researched it. I have no reservations using these bearings. In my experience, anything from Japan or Germany is ok with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005