Oh boy...my "other" vehicles lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

right2bear

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Gosh... My "other" vehicles.

Well we just downsized from 8 to 6 again.

I have a sickness when it comes to cheap, dead vehicles that are in need of repair. I feel like I need to save them, and I often do, then drive them a while and sell them off lol. My DMV has been harassing me about getting a dealers license for a while now...lol. I'm 33 and have owned over 100 vehicles in my life so far.

Currently My wife is driving an 04 Impala for her dd.

I picked up a 2003 Grand Prix GT for $300 that was in need of a motor.
I put another 3800 series ll into it on the cheap, and it is now my work car.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have had my 2003 GMC Sierra since 2004, and its the longest lasting vehicle I've ever owned. I doubt I'll ever sell it.

I picked up a 88 Mustang GT for $800 because it was just sitting in a barn for years taking up space! I cleaned it up, replaced the floor pan, put new seats and carpet in it, and built a motor for it.

I just recently picked up a 02 Trailblazer for $150... yup $150!!!
It needs a motor. Just picked up another motor for $300 with only 126,000 miles on it.

Just traded a 7.5ft Meyer Plow set up for my 81 GMC K1500 short bed, lifted 4" suspension & 3" body.

Recently sold (in the last 4 months)
2000 Buick Regal, got on the cheap, the upper intake exploded. Installed a new on and new Fuel pressure regulator, then sold.

1996 Ford F250, traded a rifle for it, sold the truck for cash

2001 Grand Am GT, needed head gaskets, got cheap, drove for a while, then sold it.

2000 Chevy 2500, paid 1600 with the plow setup. Truck needed a Mass air flow tube and sensor. Sold the truck for cash, and traded the plow.

1986 Iroc-Z. One of the few cars I wish I would of just kept. My 5yr old daughter asks me every week if I am going to buy back our red race car lol.

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
You are the kind of guy that keeps America running. I have similar habits, except the dead/broken stuff I buy tends to hang around for a while and it often takes several years for a repair to finally happen.

And yeah, you should have kept that IROC, lol. Looks like it even had the black Custom Cloth interior.

right2bear

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
You are the kind of guy that keeps America running. I have similar habits, except the dead/broken stuff I buy tends to hang around for a while and it often takes several years for a repair to finally happen.

And yeah, you should have kept that IROC, lol. Looks like it even had the black Custom Cloth interior.

Yes, the black interior.... uhhhhhh man, its hard to be regretful over a vehicle for me...lol

1986ChrisK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Nice, with Memphis being right here. There is a TON of fixer uppers for sale. I am thinking of buying nice vehicles needing a head gasket or transmission work. Do the work and then flip them. Nothing too serious maybe three or four a year. Told the wife it would pay for the shop I want in no time.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
How do you find time to work on that many cars? After working 40 hrs a week Im splitting time between my truck and the vette.

right2bear

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
How do you find time to work on that many cars? After working 40 hrs a week Im splitting time between my truck and the vette.

I've been on 50 hours a week for the last year or so...

If I'm home, I'm in the shop any time we are not doing something as a family. I also have a line up of family and friends that are wanting stuff done usually.

right2bear

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Added a few more... Got this 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix for $200. Had to replace the head gaskets, lower and upper intake gaskets, and fix the EGR.
This one was for my cousin, and I didn't charge anything but the cost of the vehicle and parts... she ended up spending $512!:) Her and her husband don't make much money and needed something reliable to drive.

Also picked up these 2004 and 2005 Taurus's for $300 for the pair! I have not touched them yet though.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I wish I had more patience to work on the FWD cars. I don't even like doing the transmissions unless someone else pulled it.

right2bear

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I got the tan Taurus running good... it needed plugs, wires, and a coil pack. Sold it for $900, and Sold the silver one for $450.

Picked up this 93 GMC 3500 4x4, for $1200!!! I just might actually keep this one as its not completely rotted out like most all the trucks in MI. This truck is kind of a unicorn being this era, crew cab, 4x4 and not rotted out bad.

It does have a couple things going on with it though. Its only got the 350 in it, mated with the 4L80E that loses overdrive after it is drove about 25miles or warms up. I'm going to replace the A & B solenoids, the pressure solenoid, filter, fluid, TPS, and brake sensor. If that don't cure it, then I'll grab up a used trans for it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
May as well plan on a grabbing up the used trans. If it's losing OD after warming up, that's usually a sign of a worn clutch pack or seals. It'll work when the fluid is thicker but once it warms up and fluid gets thinner then it slowly lets go. Changing Solenoids isn't going to fix that. If it's getting it there then the solenoids are doing their job, but not holding it is another internal problem. If that trans is ailing that bad, chances are a fluid change will do it in for good and might even lose more than just OD once the new fluid cleans out any wear particles that are apart of the tolerances. Clean that junk out, now the tolerances grow, and those clutch packs will also start slipping.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising