Off road carb setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
I have not had a q-jet in oem form , mine have all been jet carbs and for sure are better in everyway over the eddie. I like the small q-jet primaries for crisp throttle response and better mileage and when you smash it down then you have plenty to haul the mail. The eddie would do that to if tuned right , (afr meter is the only way to go) , but most of us dont have that so we go off plugs. Anyway the q-jet kicked the eddies ass in mileage and I cant get it to mess up off road , up hill , down hill or side hill , when the eddie did well except for side hill . My blazer runs way better all around with the q-jet , called jet told them my motor details and elevation and cam and such and they hit it , money. My girls 78 , 350 , 10 to 1 , 202 heads , comp 270 roller cam , called jet and sent me a q-jet for our motor specs and the truck runs so good its nuts and still does well if you stay out of the secondaries on mileage , about 14mpg , but when you want to have a party you have 380 hp that the q-jet supplies well.

I am not into later model trucks but if I was going fuel injection it would not be stock stuff , it would be fass , msd or something like that , but my carbed stuff runs so well I have not gone that way because the 2200.00 to do it is not worth it , not a good enough gain for me for the price.

Going ls for me is not cool as well , lot of money , computer **** , soft long torque range , even though you are 300 hp feels like 150 hp. A well built 350 or 400 you smash the skinny petal and it is on right now , my girls truck is like driving a drag car from 0 to 70 mph , ls motors feel soft even though they run hard.Not worth the money for me , just saying , but I do love the big block in my crew cab , old school , closed camber heads , comp xtreme cam 10 to 1 on 44's with 4.88 gears with a 14.8 time slip at the redding drag strip and I can tow a 28 foot travel trailer across the country , runs like a kitten , but it has a holley carb. Maybe it will have a q-jet soon , who knows.

Anyway I love holleys , ( I can re build those in me sleep) , I dont like eddies , and now I love q-jets , but I dont know **** about tuning them , I just go with what jet tells me and sends me to put in them.

But for the guys that love eddies the off road needle and seats worked well for the eddie that I ran for a while except for side hills that where very steep , (I thought I was going over on the side)

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

spenser21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
a
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
well thank you for all the responses! I figured for 15 bucks I could buy them and throw em in the pile in the garage for the rainy/snowy weekend I don't wanna leave the house.

Quadrajet Power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
I have seen those for the AFB carbs, now Edelbrock, for off road. Nothing like it for Quadrajet, but not needed. Quadrajets have the center bowl so they do well in extreme angles because jets are always under fuel at angles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512