No blinker... no park lights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shilaeli hugger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Burdaddy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
When my headlights are on i dont have park lights or blinkers. Turn headlights/park off i havr blinkers. Any ideas?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
First remove the parking/directional/brake & rear directional lamps from their sockets and make sure all the sockets are clean and the proper lamps are installed. That is the root cause so many times - the wrong lamp gets jammed into a socket (think a two terminal lamp in a one terminal socket)

Next pull the harness connectors off the headlights and make sure they are tight and clean too.

And the big one is, check your grounds. The parking, blinkers and side markers all share a common ground cable with the headlight on each side. The lighting group on each side has a sheet metal ground point and the RH side has an extra one that connects the sheet metal to the frame.

You didn't make any recent drastic modifications to the electrical system, did you?

Shilaeli hugger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Burdaddy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Thanks. Well i did put in a good taillight harness and added functionin headlamps. The wiring is a nightmare in this truck. Ill check it all out tmrw. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP