Front turn signals don't work, rear turn signals and all other lights do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kingscc

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS
I have an 84 C10 with a weird lighting issue. All of the exterior lights work.. Headlights High and low beam, Tail Lights, Marker Lights, Parking lights all work. Both rear blinkers work with both the hazard flashers and the turn signal switch. Front blinkers do not work at all. Have tried several bulbs, checked the wiring all the way to the bulkhead harness and have continuity. Good grounds on both sides. No voltage on the turn signal wires at the cluster harness either. I do not know where the turn signal wires split to the front and rear but maybe that is where the issue is?? I am testing Light Blue and Dark Blue wires. Anyone know where they split or if the front has a separate fuse or fusible link? I don't really know where to go from here. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
Hopefully this will be readable - if not I can email it to you - nut you've probably seen it already.
The wiring actually splits in the cab, somewhere and I don't know if they have a separate fuse.

I would guess that the dark blue (passenger side) and light blue (driver side) are broken somewhere in the cab but without pulling the bulkhead you may not be able to find it.

You must be registered for see images attach

kingscc

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS
Chased down all of the wires inside and outside the cab... Everything inside the cab has continuity, everything outside also has continuity.. If I unplug the bulkhead connector and apply 12v with a power probe, the lights all work as they should.. including the blinkers. it also tests 12v inside the cab with the blinker on (obviously off and on with the blinker circuit).. Looks like its the actual connection from the wire(s) to the terminal on the bulkhead connector. not sure how it's not transferring to the engine compartment but I took it apart and cleaned the contacts and the left side now works and the right side still does not have a connection at the plug. Anyone know how to de-pin the female side of the connector inside the cab? I know how to do the male side in the engine compartment but not the inside wires from the cab side of the plug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe