Newer lifted trucks have bed sag?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
So I'm just curious, why does it seem like every modern lifted truck I see has a saggy back end? No load on the truck and the back end is lower than the front, like they didn't put enough lift on it. I could understand one or two, but it seems like they ALL have it. It seems especially common on the big *****-mobiles I see all the time, any ideas? I've been trying to figure this one out for a while!

Just imagine if they actually put a load on them things, it would look like one of those bouncing cars you seen down in Texas/Mexico...

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
They do that on purpose, it's the in style now even though it's dumb....

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Around here the young crowd calls it the , (THE CALI. LEAN). I think it's totally lame looking , but it's the new fad , but it's not for me.

:Frustrated::Frustrated::Frustrated::Frustrated::Frustrated:

HAZZARDJOHN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
is it the "Pre-Runner" look they are going for? I know it started with levelling kits and then just kept going. My Friend put a leveling kit on his 2004 F150 when it was brand new, and it looked good without a load in it, but as soon as you put a load on the truck it looked like it was struggling. I have a pic somewhere of him towing my Impala and you would think that my car weighed 6 tons by how saggy the rear end looked.

Edit: I found it

You must be registered for see images attach

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
It's just like their drawers they wear down around their knees with their ass hangnin out and their big hoopdie gansta ball caps on crooked. :lol:

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Ok so it IS a fad. I was wondering. I'd love to see one of these F250s I see around try to pull a decent load like that. I bet the front wheels would be in the air... I can understand lifting, but why neuter the truck while you are at it?

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yea, it's a terrible, terrible fad. :thumbsdown:

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Just a fad that will hopefully not last too long. Even when my dad was a kid in the 60's there was a fad of jacking the back end up. Looked cool! Often done with just stuffing rubber blocks in the coil springs- hit a good bump and the spacer falls out and your car had a pimp lean to it.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Just a fad that will hopefully not last too long. Even when my dad was a kid in the 60's there was a fad of jacking the back end up. Looked cool! Often done with just stuffing rubber blocks in the coil springs- hit a good bump and the spacer falls out and your car had a pimp lean to it.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Not sure why it double posted. I'm blaming the crappy hotel internet connection! :doh2:

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
Yeah, they call it Carolina Squatin' where I'm from. It's ****** gay. Healights pointing up to the top of the tree line. I **** with the retards when I can.

The guys around here have also started putting pinched pipes on their trucks to make the exhaust frap. Looks and sounds terrible. basically this installed backwards:

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Yeah, they call it Carolina Squatin' where I'm from. It's ****** gay. Healights pointing up to the top of the tree line. I **** with the retards when I can.

The guys around here have also started putting pinched pipes on their trucks to make the exhaust frap. Looks and sounds terrible. basically this installed backwards:

That crap didn't start here an the morons that do it are all along the coast. I hate that :banghead:

junkyardog05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
454/ 400 turbo/ NP203
They do that here some call it the California lean or tilted. I call it a good way to ruin a good looking truck.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear

I have Monroe Air-Shocks under the back of my monte. The good yellow ones, not the black ones nowadays.

You have to have the right tire also, dont do it if you only have 205's unde the back XD.

Last edited:

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear

LOL i have 2" duals and was looking at 3" tips, everyone here gives me **** about my small exhaust.

2" exhaust will flow more than enough for a smallblock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohiokm