Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

falserain328

Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I’m open to any and all suggestions

Last edited:

falserain328

Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Welcome from The Motor City! and Michigan
I won’t sugar coat it, you have a Big project ahead of you.
But it’s worth saving.
Lots of Knowledge on this site to help
I’m in Michigan as well, on the west side, I know it’s going to be a lot of work, but I have a lot of attachment to this truck, I’m not even sure why to be honest, but I feel like I can’t give up on it

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
All I can say is pick a spot and start on it. One suggestion is don't jump around on it. What I mean is do have to many pans on the fire. Start something and finish it. I would start with the rust on the bed. It's the most accessible, and the easiest to fix. You stated you are a welder by trade, it will be no problem for you. If you need parts there are a few people on he that I'm sure will help. I have a couple of beds around I can cut what you need, and send it to you. I usually charge a few bucks for my time and whatever shipping costs. Also look around on some of the websites that have parts for our trucks, might be cheaper just to get it from them. It will be larger than what you need, just cut off what you need, and weld it in. You being a welder you might be able to help us (Non-welders) out. Ask Questions someone here will answer it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod