New to the square body group!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Hello everyone,

I finally became an owner of a C10 and I am loving it.

I bought it in September (Labor Day weekend to be exact). It's a 1980 C10 Scottsdale step side. The previous owner had it for many years, so mechanically it's in good shape. It needs some body work, wood bed floor and interior updates and so on, the usual stuff for a 43 yr old truck. I will be focusing on small projects for the most part for now and will be needing your guidance along the way. ;)
There's so much for me to learn about this truck, luckily I am pretty handy.
My goal is to have this truck for a weekend joy ride, and the occasional drive to work.

I just updated my profile picture, but here it is as well.
These trucks are head turners for sure... and yes, that yellow is sooo BRIGHT! lol

You must be registered for see images attach
I like the yellow. Sell it to me and you can go looking for something in your color.

I'd keep the wheels too. I like those wheels with the beauty rings.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Hello everyone,

I bought it in September (Labor Day weekend to be exact). It's a 1980 C10 Scottsdale step side. The previous owner had it for many years, so mechanically it's in good shape. It needs some body work, wood bed floor and interior updates and so on, the usual stuff for a 43 yr old truck. I will be focusing on small projects for the most part for now and will be needing your guidance along the way. ;)
My goal is to have this truck for a weekend joy ride, and the occasional drive to work.

These trucks are head turners for sure... and yes, that yellow is sooo BRIGHT! lol

Welcome! It's unfortunate that a previous owner must not have liked the 1980 Specific headlight bezels and trim and swapped it out. It's pretty common, but always makes me a bit sad when people go from a one-year only unique trim to the generic pre-78 roundeye trim(80 could be round or square headlight, but both were one year only headlight bezels. 79 was very similar round only headlight, but still slightly different than the 80 roundeye bezel).

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Hello everyone,

I just realized where I've seen your truck...

Yeah, I know it's not the right year or grill... but still.

1980_C10_STEPSIDE

Reaction score
First Name
Salvador
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I just realized where I've seen your truck...

Yeah, I know it's not the right year or grill... but still.
Oh wow… look at that!
And this one has the square headlights like @Bextreme04 was talking about.

I like the grill, but some day I would like to replace it with a replica of the original.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Look how awesome the stepsides in your trucks age range are!

akchevrolet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Hello everyone,

Thats a nice truck yellow is my favorite color and would like to paint mine like a highlighter yellow. right now its a state truck yellow.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size

Now I would love to have a square with both of the 1980 front ends.
That two tone brown one, the darker shade is what Gillman painted our '81's left rear fender with. Much more root beer (more reddish brown); the '81 color is more of a chocolate color.
The truck got a bad scrape on that fender, getting unloaded from the transporter, and that was how they "fixed" it. Dad told them we were only buying that truck if they repaint the fender; it had all the options and equipment we wanted for a shop truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag