New to the square body group!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1980_C10_STEPSIDE

Reaction score
First Name
Salvador
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hello everyone,

I finally became an owner of a C10 and I am loving it.

I bought it in September (Labor Day weekend to be exact). It's a 1980 C10 Scottsdale step side. The previous owner had it for many years, so mechanically it's in good shape. It needs some body work, wood bed floor and interior updates and so on, the usual stuff for a 43 yr old truck. I will be focusing on small projects for the most part for now and will be needing your guidance along the way. ;)
There's so much for me to learn about this truck, luckily I am pretty handy.
My goal is to have this truck for a weekend joy ride, and the occasional drive to work.

I just updated my profile picture, but here it is as well.
These trucks are head turners for sure... and yes, that yellow is sooo BRIGHT! lol

You must be registered for see images attach

1980_C10_STEPSIDE

Reaction score
First Name
Salvador
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome from Austria. Nice truck, very yellow :D
Thanks, I wasn’t sure if I like at first. I never owned a yellow car before, but it’s growing on me. I think some silver wheels could tone down the yellow factor when you see it. But that will be a little bit down the road. There are other priorities like the missing wood from the bed floor, new tires and fix the hard accelerator pedal.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I was reading your intro and thought "Hey! I'm 43 years old, oh yeah it's a 1980" Ha!
Welcome from VA

1980_C10_STEPSIDE

Reaction score
First Name
Salvador
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I was reading your intro and thought "Hey! I'm 43 years old, oh yeah it's a 1980" Ha!
Welcome from VA
Haha, funny you mentioned this, my brother owns a 1978 short bed GMC and he is from 78, so when I told him about buying mine, mentioned that’ it would be perfect, since that’s my year as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod