New truck, New Member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyk20

Reaction score
First Name
Jarett
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
Hey guys, its ChevyK20 from wisconsin. I am 17 and just bought a 83 Chevy k20 project truck. The truck is extremely solid body wise for a wisconsin truck. Needs rockers, cab corners, etc and a new interior is a must. I graduated high school about a month ago (got to get out early) and am going to a tech school next year for collision repair. My dad has had 20+ years in the autobody field, and has restored many cars so im just trying to learn all i can before school.

You must be registered for see images

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Its got stock rims off an 05 cummins since we just had them laying in the corner. The truck came with almost brand new hoosier 33 M+S tires, the only problem is one was shredded but 3 is good. Turns out hoosier stopped making them, so now im just going to wait on the tires.

The plans for the truck are painting it black, por 15 the frame, undercoating the body, fixing the leaks, and making her run like a champ! If anyone actually read all this congrats, well i got some work to do :grd:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Welcome to the site and congrats on graduating HS!! :handshake: With your dad knowing so much about body repair that new project should be a piece of cake for him considering how solid it looks and fairly straight! :waytogo: Your plans sound good and painting it black definitely takes some balls since black shows all imperfections :D Enjoy the site and post often man...

Also, feel free to post more pics of the rig. We wanna see the other side and inside as well :naughty:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Welcome to the site, really nice truck man. :High 5:

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Welcome aboard. I'm impressed how good it looks for the fact that's a Northern truck, they're usually rotted to pieces by now. Keep us updated and join in on the conversations too.

Chevyk20

Reaction score
First Name
Jarett
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
Well, heres some more pics. Yeah i was surprised too, but the box must be a newer factory GM box, its in way to good of condition! The previous owner said it was restored around 10 years ago, so that must have helped out a little.

Well shes in the garage now, with the box just resting on there. Notice there is a few dents that will be pounded out towards the back of the box. On the other side the sheetmetal was ripped by the tire and bent to hell! But we welded it up and fixed it, and it looks good as new. Couldnt tell by the first picture could ya?

I believe its an aftermarket seat, but its gonna get trashed anyway... Mouse lives in it :yucky:. So im going to be looking for some dodge ram seats, or newer chevy seats with the fold down center council.

Should have taken interior pics earlier,! Just didnt think about it. Gotta love power locks and windows! The dash pad is shot, and it just needs a lot of new interior pieces. The door panal i took off, the window came down but wouldnt roll back up lol. My buddy has a random cab off a 80's truck complete with interior sitting in a barn that i might buy off him, the only problem is it is tan..

I have 3 good Hoosier M+S 33'' tires on american racing rims. They have some meat on them! The only problem is they are discontinued and the 4th one was shredded.

What a shame...

I paid $1400 for it, I figure with a brand new tool box, those 33'' tires, rims, and the lift its one good deal.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Nice man!!! For help with the process of what it'll take for the newer seats that you're thinking about take a look at my thread for putting in NBS seats in these squares. I've done it with mine with 02 Silverado seats and is by far my favorite mod that I have on my truck! A TON of work but well worth the effort :) It's over in the interior section or just go to my profile and click on the threads started by me and you'll find it pretty quick.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I also like that two tone with the top being silver with the rest of the body that dark blue. I'm a little partial to dark blue, though. :D

Chevyk20

Reaction score
First Name
Jarett
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
I read up on your thread, good post!! Its going to be a lot of work, but hell i have nothing but time haha. Yeah i like the stainless roof, but not sure if its going to stay like that, its like ripped up on the top.. il have to put up a picture.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
What is that? Is that a rip in some kind of fabric or is that gouges (sp?) in the metal?? :think:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Just checked ebay with no luck. There is a big swap meet on april 29 - may 1 that i might just look for 2 matching mud tires.

Not sure how i am going to fix this.

Crap, First smash lips down there even with the rest of it. Then use epoxy to fill the crack on the out and inside of the cab. Then when it dries sand it out nice and smooth and prime it.

Chevyk20

Reaction score
First Name
Jarett
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
Its gouges in the metal. Im not sure how something would tear like that? Whatever it is it sucks, but yeah il have to do what you said davbell.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Its gouges in the metal. Im not sure how something would tear like that? Whatever it is it sucks, but yeah il have to do what you said davbell.

Dont use that Bondo body filler. That stuff doesnt hold up to moisture like epoxy does.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD