need help aftermarket wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsilver36

Reaction score
First Name
jonah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
What is the best aftermarket wiring harness that you can get for the money that comes with everything from head and tail light wiring to the fuse box....I want it all...all the wires you need for a Chevy k10 1986 350 carb 4x4

BigPoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne Super 10
Engine Size
I'm going to be doing the same for my 73 and I'm pretty sure that I'll be getting mine from American Autowire. The other place is Painless.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I have used kwik wire before. It is universal harness but everything is labeled and quility is good

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
With any universal harness you would have to reuse some of the old connectors, but otherwise it would work. There is a lot of soldering involved to properly install universal harness. Other option is to buy factory style that would be simple plug in.

Here is one for conventional mount location, but otherwise the same from kwik wire.
http://kwikwire.com/wire-harnesses/...22-circuit-second-generation-with-ground-kit/

jsilver36

Reaction score
First Name
jonah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
where can I get the cheapest stock wiring harness

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
what is the best? Painless
what is the cheapest? Tijuana auto wiring.
highdesertranger

BigPoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne Super 10
Engine Size
I will say that I ended up ordering my kit from American Autowire on Tuesday, got it on Wednesday, and just by looking at it I'm VERY impressed. Installation will begin within the week, but it looks very good. Got mine from Summit and it was $70 less than from AAW website.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If anybody is still looking for OEM GM style harnesses, drop me a line-I offer production style replacement harnesses as well as late model upgrade features not found with anybody else. The problem with having to re-use your existing connectors is that most of the time their toast anyway....if not missing to begin with. Plus you don't get the various looming, harness wrap, rosebud clips, breakouts, grounding rings, etc. There are a lot of "little" things left out of these types of harness "kits".

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
If anybody is still looking for OEM GM style harnesses, drop me a line-I offer production style replacement harnesses as well as late model upgrade features not found with anybody else. The problem with having to re-use your existing connectors is that most of the time their toast anyway....if not missing to begin with. Plus you don't get the various looming, harness wrap, rosebud clips, breakouts, grounding rings, etc. There are a lot of "little" things left out of these types of harness "kits".

That is going to be real soon. What do you charge?

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That is going to be real soon. What do you charge?

Well, here is a list so far:

Engine harness
Front lighting harness
Rear lighting harness
Dual tank harness
Power window/lock/mirror harness(es)
AC climate control harness

Besides those basics, I can incorporate auto down and/or up for the Windows, delay off for the headlights, relay upgrade for all, LSx dual tank conversion harness options, etc.
It's easier to work with people one on one to determine the best possible routes.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Don't need dual tank. Do like the auto up and down. What's the basic price for that?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224