More McGaughy's problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigPoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne Super 10
Engine Size
As some of you have seen from my last posts regarding McGaughy's suspension parts, I had several problems with their spindles. I finally had time to move to the rear and was stoked to get it done. Well after getting everything off I grab my hangers to see how they line up.......aaaaaaand they don't. Not even close. As you can see from the pictures, they aren't even in the realm of being close. Needless to say I'm more than a little pissed off at this moment.

So I call McGaughy's and send them the pics. Turns out they are hangers from a 88-98. WTH? So not only did the spindles need to be ground down (weird anomaly), but now they screwed up the other half of my order. There wasn't even a packing list in the box then I received the kit, not to mention lack of product packing skills. Not sure if anyone else has had issues like this with them, but I'm not to thrilled about them as a whole.

I will say that they told me that they sent out the correct hangers yesterday (although, not expedited), along with a return label for the incorrect product. Whether they went out or not I don't know, since I haven't seen a tracking number as of today.

Just thought I would share my continued experience with McGaughy's Suspension products.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Note to self: Don't buy McGaughys.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Ditto. Nice to know that they DON'T have their **** together. Fyi, I ran into the same lax customer service when purchasing my steel rollpan from Air -bag-it. They are a local area Az store that used to be called Aim Industries back several years ago. I went into their so called "showroom" ( the buikding is an old run down warehouse, that looks like an old ice cream factory building) and purchased my roll pan, went to will call and a freakin HOUR later drove away with my rollpan . Hell, I could see the stacks of the roll pan that I bought through the window looking into their warehouse/shipping area. Hell yeah I complained! I spoke to the manager and all he acknowledged was that they have never been good at expediting orders...yeah NO **** was my reply.

Good luck when ordering parts from Air Bag It. Maybe they changed their name to cover up previous customer complaints.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man