Measuring suspension point to locate lean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrFiveOh

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So like the title says, what information do we have in regards to locating what the suspected reason a vehicle is sagging or leaning to either side. I have seen on other pages and this one to measure from wheel opening to floor, floor to frame and bushing to floor and it will give you an idea of what is wrong but it doesnt go into detail any further.

For example my truck is a 74 SWB with passenger side 16 gallon gas tank. lowered 5/6 with new coils/spindles and flip kit in the rear (no bump stop). but is a half inch difference (passenger side lower) from both sides and my rear passenger side is 1/4 lower than driver side.

Front Driver side from floor to bottom of fender is 28 1/8
Front Passenger side 27 5/8
Rear Driver side 27 7/8
Rear Passenger 27 5/8

very back of rear frame near bumper is half inch difference from driver side and passenger side.

So what gives? Am i supposed to be looking at cab bushings? leaf springs?

Everyone says "thats just the chevy lean" well i say eff that theres a way to make the disparity less and based on measurements where do i look. The chevy lean is common in trucks that had the gas tanks on the same side as the driver, not the case on this instance. plus a 16 gallon tank only weighs 110lbs at most. So that didnt cause the disparity because i weigh 180 and i dont even move the driver side of the truck more than a 1/8 when im in it.

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
How did it sit before the lowering?? Are the front springs properly seated in the lower control arms??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76