May be why the air doesn’t work...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
The new selector switch came in tonight. Going to get the dash back together and harnesses attached. Brown wire has power from fuse panel, good fuse, and everything powered from the junction box to blower motor. Fingers crossed I can get this **** working.

It's gonna work. If it doesn't, just tell it:

You must be registered for see images attach

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Hey HKJ, sounds like maybe you graduated from the Frank Rizzo School of Auto Mechanics. Me too - class of 1980:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hey HKJ, sounds like maybe you graduated from the Frank Rizzo School of Auto Mechanics. Me too - class of 1980:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That’s right if it doesn’t want to work, it will pay.....:and dearly it will pay.:D

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
To keep from blowing fuses, disconnect the fan and hook up your meter to the fan plug. Just measure the voltage at that point. That will allow you to check out the entire circuit including the high speed relay. If you have a filter capacitor on the fan motor, check it and see if that is shorted. Caps don't last forever but you can never tell just by looking at them.
Oops. Check to make sure you have a good ground too.
Coffee...I need COFFEE!
Forget a shop. You can do it. You know you can. We know you can.

84 Shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ok, here’s the shituation. I still couldn’t get the heat to turn on, even with fan on high. I’m getting power all the way to the pigtail that connects to the blower motor relay, as shown in the pic. I checked the ground by blower motor and it’s good to go. I disconnected the plug that the purple wire runs from the relay to motor and jumped a wire straight from red wire on relay pigtail to motor and it fire up. It has to be in the relay/connector. Am I missing something?

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I think your blower motor is drawing too much current on high speed.

84 Shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

I disconnected the purple plug from blower motor to test it. I’m not getting any power from the purple wire. It may be hard to tell from the pigtail picture, but the connector that the purple wire goes it is dangling inside the pigtail connector.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
That is one nasty connector. Do you have any others laying around that are in better shape? If possible, change out the entire wire because the corrosion has ingressed from the connector up through the wire. Way to go! Good find! You're on your way!

84 Shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That is one nasty connector. Do you have any others laying around that are in better shape? If possible, change out the entire wire because the corrosion has ingressed from the connector up through the wire. Way to go! Good find! You're on your way!

Ordered a whole new pigtail, it will arrive tomorrow. It was only $10, so I figured what the hell.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Ordered a whole new pigtail, it will arrive tomorrow. It was only $10, so I figured what the hell.
If that wire is corroded to where you cut it to attach it to the new pigtail, replace the whole wire.

84 Shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If that wire is corroded to where you cut it to attach it to the new pigtail, replace the whole wire.

Will do, I’m running out of things to check if this doesn’t work.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I had the relay turn bad on me even though I took it apart and cleaned the contacts. It just didn't last long. Had to put in a new one. No problems since. I also used that contact goop that they put in light sockets in the relay socket. Unless for cost I don't know why GM didn't do that in the first place.

84 Shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I installed the new pigtail connector to the blower motor relay....and boom heat on all speeds. Thanks for all the help fellas. Hopefully this thread helps some others having problems.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I installed the new pigtail connector to the blower motor relay....and boom heat on all speeds. Thanks for all the help fellas. Hopefully this thread helps some others having problems.
Awsome and thanks for the update. All to often these threads never get closed properly. Nobody likes a cliff hanger when it comes to electrical fixes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69