May be why the air doesn’t work...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84 Shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have no idea what I’m doing here. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

You must be registered for see images attach

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Oh boy...!

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Painless and AWW dont provide factory style harnesses but I do. If you want plug n play stuff let me know. For example here's my AC harness complete with all the correct grommets, breakouts, clips, retainers-all the little stuff you need for a nice install.

AC harness on the left, engine harness on the right-Painless doesnt make the install as painless as I do

84 Shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Painless and AWW dont provide factory style harnesses but I do. If you want plug n play stuff let me know. For example here's my AC harness complete with all the correct grommets, breakouts, clips, retainers-all the little stuff you need for a nice install.

AC harness on the left, engine harness on the right-Painless doesnt make the install as painless as I do

Sorry I don’t know anything about electrical stuff. Does any of this tap into the fuse box?

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm not really sure how this will go for ya....all the aftermarket kits leave a lot of the work up to the installer-I remove this guesswork on my harnesses however, you may want to pick up a good GM manual for squarebodies and study some of the various electrical sections-if you havent ever done this before and the truck is gutted, it may be fairly time consuming for a newbie with no existing harness to reference-you'll be missing a lot of looming, clips, and little parts that make a universal style harness at least a little bit easier to install.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
It Should have the circuits printed on the wiring as to where it goes. First thing to do is kind of drag everything into place without taking off the old harness, get a feel for what is missing and what you will have to improvise. Many of the things like the wipers, blower relay and things of that nature you will probably have to do a little reinventing of the wheel but it's not terribly hard so long as you just stretch your harness out where it needs to go before you mutilate your old one beyond recognition.

That looks like a painless kit, did it not come with directions of some sort?

84 Shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
It Should have the circuits printed on the wiring as to where it goes. First thing to do is kind of drag everything into place without taking off the old harness, get a feel for what is missing and what you will have to improvise. Many of the things like the wipers, blower relay and things of that nature you will probably have to do a little reinventing of the wheel but it's not terribly hard so long as you just stretch your harness out where it needs to go before you mutilate your old one beyond recognition.

That looks like a painless kit, did it not come with directions of some sort?

No directions, the guy I bought the truck from didn’t even tell me the harness was behind the seat.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
If it's a Painless you can go to their site and download the manual, it's very easy to understand too..

84 Shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well found out it’s a painless wiring harness. But it looks like more of a pain in the ass harness. I found the instructions tucked under the bench seat. Is it as simple as following the instructions?

84 Shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Alright then, going to attempt it over the Christmas break. I at least want to get the AC and heat wired and working. Going to also figure out what cam I have and adjust the valves.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That harness wont have the AC climate control harness like the factory version-may have the leads to the unit but you'll need to re-use your existing connectors so hopefully yours are in good shape.

84 Shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Could use some help getting my AC and heat working. Poor bastard I bought the truck from must have been color blind. Has all kinds of different wires tied together. This looks like the blower motor switch but I can’t get power going to it. Anyone have a diagram or could walk me through? I jumped a wire from the battery and the blower motor works fine. The problem is that it’s a constant power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade