LS Engine Conversion Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Nice job on moving away from the 4.8! If you're doing the LS swap do it right! :rocking:

asb2106

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
foamypirate
got a question for you, does the wix filter assembly actually regulate the pressure down or is it the pump thats putting the pressure correctly?

My motor going in has a returnless rail as well..

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
foamypirate
got a question for you, does the wix filter assembly actually regulate the pressure down or is it the pump thats putting the pressure correctly?

My motor going in has a returnless rail as well..

Yep, the filter also acts as the regulator. It definitely makes it easy to plumb a fuel system for an LS motor. Just make sure you get the 33737

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's some pretty smart thinking on whoever designed and built that filter. I'm sure it makes it a little expensive, but nonetheless a 2 in 1 part would sure make things easier, and 1 less device inline of the fuel system.

oopsman_09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra classic c1500
Engine Size
manbearpig where do you get that emblem in you avatar?

asb2106

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Yep, the filter also acts as the regulator. It definitely makes it easy to plumb a fuel system for an LS motor. Just make sure you get the 33737

Excellent thank you very much :) I went with the Wix assembly, and got myself a new tank (25 gallon between frame model) and sending unit from rockauto.. the filter, tank and sending unit was only 179 shipped!

I bought a walbro 255 to go with it!

oopsman_09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra classic c1500
Engine Size
What about cruise control? Does everything hook right up? would be nice to retain that for highway driving.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'll go out on a limb and answer NO. The VSS will operate electronic cruise control just fine, but doubtful it will work with the older Vac diaphram pull type. The swtich in the column should be able to be adapted though I'd think. Just get the cruise control system off a GMT400 or later 89-91 Squares and rock with that.
Now if I told you wrong, I apoligize in advance, but that's the direction I'd be going in if it were me until told otherwise.

oopsman_09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra classic c1500
Engine Size
That actually makes sense.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I'll go out on a limb and answer NO. The VSS will operate electronic cruise control just fine, but doubtful it will work with the older Vac diaphram pull type. The swtich in the column should be able to be adapted though I'd think. Just get the cruise control system off a GMT400 or later 89-91 Squares and rock with that.
Now if I told you wrong, I apoligize in advance, but that's the direction I'd be going in if it were me until told otherwise.

Depends if you have a cable throttle or a drive-by-wire LS. The drive-by-wire LS cruise control prior to 08' was a couple wires to hook up to the existing stalk, and boom, you had cruise. It's all controlled through the PCM and the electronic throttle. They changed that in the 08' and up truck motors though, I think they use a Body Control Module instead, or something.

If you give John at Speartech a call and let him know exactly what you have, you might be able to find out more. He is a very good source of info and is usually pretty willing to give out info even to non-customers.

oopsman_09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra classic c1500
Engine Size
Sweet thanks. Dont have the swap yet just gathering all the info i can before i get it.

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
dug up some wiring schematics from another site. i only saved the ones that could be used for the truck harness. i need the c100 schematics from 73-87 if anyone wants to come forward and post what they have feel free!
Fuel system, colors might not be correct.
You must be registered for see images attach

Fan relays, again colors may not be correct

ls1 schematics

411 SBC schematics

Ground distribution, and power distribution diagram for the ls1

H2O's (only need the front 2)

98 coolant temeperature sender (99+ is different)

4L60E wiring

t56 (body wiring) Colors May Vary

Kill Switch, if necessary

Now, I know most of the guys on here are rednecks, but if you attempt your own wiring, DO NOT wrap wires and tape, and don't even use butt connectors, solder and heat shrink EVERY connection!!!. If you can't understand the diagrams, quote this post and PM me, and i'll do my best to explain it to you.

EDIT: oneluckpops, and I agree that a tech video showing you guys how to properly solder would be great, so here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qe_OPMv7Sg&feature=relmfu

Last edited:

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
dug up some wiring schematics from another site. i only saved the ones that could be used for the truck harness. i need the c100 schematics from 73-87 if anyone wants to come forward and post what they have feel free!

Now, I know most of the guys on here are rednecks, but if you attempt your own wiring, DO NOT wrap wires and tape, and don't even use butt connectors, solder and heat shrink EVERY connection!!!. If you can't understand the diagrams, quote this post and PM me, and i'll do my best to explain it to you

Funny you mention the soldering, I have though about doin a tech video of how to PROPERLY solder connections, but i have no way of recording it, and honestly a pictoriol just may not be clear enough for some

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Funny you mention the soldering, I have though about doin a tech video of how to PROPERLY solder connections, but i have no way of recording it, and honestly a pictoriol just may not be clear enough for some

i would watch that video, i suck at soldering. i had my buddy solder my previous harness.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1