Lowering a 4x4??? I don't get it!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cuba

Likes to work alone in her woman cave
Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
Audi, eh? Meh.... they're nice to drive. I can't stand to repair though. Subi's are pretty nice too... don't mind working on them so much.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Audi, eh? Meh.... they're nice to drive. I can't stand to repair though. Subi's are pretty nice too... don't mind working on them so much.
I did the VW,Porsche,Audi dealership thing for 20 years. I jumped ship when the piece of **** 2.0T came out.

Cuba

Likes to work alone in her woman cave
Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
hahaha...good call. I'd have loved to work for VW back when they had the air cooled ish. Those things were little tanks!!! The fact you worked on them for a living made it much easier to own. Not too many independent shops like to work on those... at least not around here. I agree, those 2.0s... junk engine concept. Just too many failures on BS that shouldn't happen. over complicating things

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
hahaha...good call. I'd have loved to work for VW back when they had the air cooled ish. Those things were little tanks!!! The fact you worked on them for a living made it much easier to own. Not too many independent shops like to work on those... at least not around here. I agree, those 2.0s... junk engine concept. Just too many failures on BS that shouldn't happen. over complicating things
Exactly. The 1.8T was great. I worked at an independent VW only shop too. I also had my share of air cooled VWs too. I always preferred the type 3s, more room inside.

Last edited:

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Oh and when the retards stretch tires on rims that are 3+ inches to wide for the tires that makes it much better.

I see that on grocery getter honda's. Or they use extreme negative camber with the stretched tires. What about the junkers with 35" inch rims? Sheesh, owner could have bought half a dozen junker cars for the price of the rims. I am glad the spinner rims are phasing out. About the only "cool" spinner rim setup I've seen was on a semi. If a semi has spinners, you know the driver is rolling in dough!

These things we see other people that make their vehicles look stupid is full on RICE. Real drivers build cars with purpose.

On another note, there is a guy in the Wichita area with a monster old-school camaro. Silver body, lifted with huge tires. Looks dang cool if you ask me.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Who remembers the small tires on Daytons on full size truck thing? It was more mid west I believe. I was living in Denver Colorado at the time probably 25 years ago it looked stupid as ****.

Scott L Simmons

Reaction score
First Name
scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC
Engine Size
Color of wheels is just personal choice. A wheel works the same no matter what paint job is on it. But a giant wheel and a 2" sidewall just isn't functional off road. A big meaty tire full of air is a buffer between the wheel and the ground. I point and laugh at every 4x4 I see set up with lopro tires. I honestly think lopro tires really ought to come with a "CLUELESS" forehead tattoo.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Yeah, that style crept into the jeep world too. It just makes the mall crawlers easier to spot, as if it were difficult anyway. Nothing more ridiculous than a lifted 4 door jeep, with giant 35 series rubber.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yeah, that style crept into the jeep world too. It just makes the mall crawlers easier to spot, as if it were difficult anyway. Nothing more ridiculous than a lifted 4 door jeep, with giant 35 series rubber.
About the same as these man bun wearing millennial **** riding Harleys.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
About the same as these man bun wearing millennial **** riding Harleys.

Thankfully, I have not experienced that sight. I'm guessing they were all on the smaller sportsters? Anything else might be more than their sensitivity could handle.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Thankfully, I have not experienced that sight. I'm guessing they were all on the smaller sportsters? Anything else might be more than their sensitivity could handle.
Unfortunately not they seam to buy street glides and road glides now a days. That's all you see anymore. Ide like to see one try to ride my old 80 shovel that sat 2" off the ground with a solid mounted engine and trans. Lol now that would definitely have thier feelings crying.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Come on guys and girl new "country" has to be 2015 or newer blacked out Chevy with 20 inch black wheels with faggoty shiny bits rocking to Blake Shelton fixing your man bun with your unscuffed cowboy boots and skinny jeans phuckin ****.

Tell us how you really feel!

How about the negative camber thing they got going on now too?? Oh geee wizzzz! On low pros & riding on the edge of your tire.... yeah!! I can't stand that! It's their money though. Piss it away on what they think looks good!! smh :shrug::whymewhyme:

That's called stance, yo! That all started because of Honda suspension geometry. When you lower them, they got all that bad camber. If you corrected the camber, then the tires hit the body. After enough years of that tuner nonsense (I'm singling out the guys with fart cans, park bench spoilers and fake intercoolers) then the whole camber thing became associated with a slammed car. The new guys don't get it and just go for camber.

Who remembers the small tires on Daytons on full size truck thing? It was more mid west I believe. I was living in Denver Colorado at the time probably 25 years ago it looked stupid as ****.

There were little Daytons on everything around here. I wish that craze would come back... all they did was bolt wheels on. Not hack stuff up.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Come on guys and girl new "country" has to be 2015 or newer blacked out Chevy with 20 inch black wheels with faggoty shiny bits rocking to Blake Shelton fixing your man bun with your unscuffed cowboy boots and skinny jeans phuckin ****.
:happy175::happy175::happy175::waytogo::cheers:

SHILOW

Reaction score
First Name
D
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Some of the best looking modifications come when form doesn't follow function. Be free and think outside of the box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20