Lowering a 4x4??? I don't get it!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twinturbo427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I was contemplating my morning commute through the guidance of some Dio- Holy Diver this morning and along comes a mega-lifted mall crawler. Young guy, blaring something indiscernible due to the volume, and passing stopped traffic in the soon-to-end on ramp merge lane. Now, normally I try to not judge based on appearances, but this guy had the Flo-grown, bro-country advanced starter pack and some stickers too.

How could I not laugh? How could I not judge? Clowns want you to laugh at them. That is why they wear a clown suit...

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I was contemplating my morning commute through the guidance of some Dio- Holy Diver this morning and along comes a mega-lifted mall crawler. Young guy, blaring something indiscernible due to the volume, and passing stopped traffic in the soon-to-end on ramp merge lane. Now, normally I try to not judge based on appearances, but this guy had the Flo-grown, bro-country advanced starter pack and some stickers too.

How could I not laugh? How could I not judge? Clowns want you to laugh at them. That is why they wear a clown suit...

Truer words were never spoken

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Some of the best looking modifications come when form doesn't follow function. Be free and think outside of the box.
Absolutely !!! And that's why I'm a "Make it your own" and try not be negative on other builds. What's cool to me isn't cool to some. And I damn sure see alot of things that aren't cool to me on here and I see so many saying how good it looks. Of course we don't see many, that looks like ****, you fuct that truck up, so maybe there are more that think like me and I'll never know. I mean, you don't tell your wife she's fat when she really is do you???

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
But I'm a firm believer if you play stupid games.....you win stupid prizes. As as said above clowns don't dress like that for you not to laugh. Unless it's Pennywize the your just badass......evil clowns never die.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I couldn't agree with this more! I'm a younger guy and I see it everywhere, I can only shake my head in disbelief that people buy a $30k+ truck just to spend an additional $20k+ to remove all practicality from it.

No offense intended by the following statement:

I saw just the other day, a dodge (of course) tow mirrors out, all the powder coated goodies underneath the truck, super wide and over sized rims, spaced out clear passed legal, with I'd say about a 6" squat on the back end. with not a damn thing on the hitch or even in the bed... My wife couldn't understand why I was saying a bunch of things about how that truck got ruined. just makes no sense to me. I truly believe that people should modify their vehicles, however functionality and practicality should take precedence over the "cool and hip" factor, unless you are purposely building a trailer queen or show vehicle.

twinturbo427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
As a reformed Camaro with air shocks, keystones & N50s, glasspack stingers on the headers and the "CAMARO" sticker across the windshield owner, I can say that trends come and go. Practicality and coolness did not coexist in my world.
I get the mindset, I do. How you do you is your business.
Stance, saying "noss" for nitrous, bulldogging 4x4s, LED light bars on the roof and glow underneath, low pro mud tires, and the slammed 4x4 are just like the big block 350, 3/4 race cam, and purple tint, fuzzy dice, and steering knobs of years gone by.

I may need to moderate my caffeine intake.

Jealous of that sweet mullet aren't you?

You must be registered for see images attach

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Lol. I didn't think anyone was allowed to be a Camaro owner unless the were rocking a mullet when they registered the car in their name.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Lol. I didn't think anyone was allowed to be a Camaro owner unless the were rocking a mullet when they registered the car in their name.
I think the DMV had the clippers right there didn't they? And you were given 2" gold medallions on thick gold chains upon registration of an Iroc ,standard V8 silver and if it was a 2.8 then you got bronze.

twinturbo427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Should there be titles or groupings for vehicle modifications?
For example:
1) WTF? (were they thinking) ....Slammed 4x4s, cambered stance cars, most ricers, etc
2) Ugly baby ...Umm, that's different but I see where they are going
3) Classic Rock ...they stuck to classic mods that are generally well liked and Rock!
4) Joe Dirt ...They are the younger crowd, making due with limited funds and knowledge
5) Rocket Science The engineering and electrical **** kids, "Why didn't I think of that?"

Feel free to add, comment, flame, shame, and call names....just for fun of course
:burnout:

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
For example:
1) WTF? (were they thinking) ....Slammed 4x4s, cambered stance cars, most ricers, etc
3) Classic Rock ...they stuck to classic mods that are generally well liked and Rock!
4) Joe Dirt ...They are the younger crowd, making due with limited funds and knowledge
5) Rocket Science The engineering and electrical **** kids, "Why didn't I think of that?"

Feel free to add, comment, flame, shame, and call names....just for fun of course

I like it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
For example:

We have a thread here for the WTF and Fail vehicles we see. Pics are required though.
http://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/the-wtf-and-fail-thread-o-0.2564/

cooperhw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
1978, 1981, 1983
Truck Model
C-10, K-20, C-20
Engine Size
5.7L
Well I also agree to the lowering a 4X4 question O.P. asked. I don't get it either. But, I like em both. I have both (multiples of some). I have a real nice K20 81 4 X 4. All stock. Just my old ranch truck I keep up in the mountains at my cabin property.
Building a 78 C10 slammed on the ground cause I have been digging on em for a while now and want to have one before I get too old to build one.
Either way, they're my trucks and I'll do as I dam well please with em.
Same goes for anybody else. Your truck (OR CAR), do whatever floats your boat. I might not dig it, but it don't matter one ioata. Not my truck.
My buddy used to say to a customer who came back after purchasing a used car;
"Fix it, sell it, or dig a frigging hole in the back yard, push it in the hole, cover it with dirt, and call it a planter". "

I DON'T CARE. IT'S YOUR CAR NOW. DO AS YOU PLEASE WITH IT. JUST DON'T BRING IT BACK HERE".

To look and find things to piss and moan about is easy. The hard part is to look at something "you don't like" and try to find the beauty or coolness the owner likes.
I'm not much for imports and that but it's what a bunch of young guns like. More power to em.
Wayne

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well I also agree to the lowering a 4X4 question O.P. asked. I don't get it either. But, I like em both. I have both (multiples of some). I have a real nice K20 81 4 X 4. All stock. Just my old ranch truck I keep up in the mountains at my cabin property.
Building a 78 C10 slammed on the ground cause I have been digging on em for a while now and want to have one before I get too old to build one.
Either way, they're my trucks and I'll do as I dam well please with em.
Same goes for anybody else. Your truck (OR CAR), do whatever floats your boat. I might not dig it, but it don't matter one ioata. Not my truck.
My buddy used to say to a customer who came back after purchasing a used car;
"Fix it, sell it, or dig a frigging hole in the back yard, push it in the hole, cover it with dirt, and call it a planter". "

I DON'T CARE. IT'S YOUR CAR NOW. DO AS YOU PLEASE WITH IT. JUST DON'T BRING IT BACK HERE".

To look and find things to piss and moan about is easy. The hard part is to look at something "you don't like" and try to find the beauty or coolness the owner likes.
I'm not much for imports and that but it's what a bunch of young guns like. More power to em.
Wayne
You're where I'm at with what others do with theirs. And whether I like it or not, hats off to them for actually doing something with it instead of letting it sit and rot away. We all have our favorite breeds, bash other breeds usually in good fun but still we do it. I have to be honest, I don't like Dodge, can live with a Ford but prefer GM, but you take a 50's and 60's vehicle and fix it whether it be resto mod or OEM restoration, I'll love'em all even the Dodges.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I've owned all kinda stuff from old Alfa to Caddy and everything in between. German cars (modernish cars) are my favorites. I always seem to come back to Chevy for fun stuff. For a daily commuter car I'd take my Benz back. But then again I wanted to LS swap it.lol I pick but it's all in good fun to a point I have my views and generally tend to keep them off of here. Sometimes they slip out tho. To the point of if something looks rediculous I'm not gonna say it looks good. I just won't comment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey