Lowering a 4x4??? I don't get it!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott L Simmons

Reaction score
First Name
scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC
Engine Size
It makes no sense to drop a 4x4....and while I'm at it...What's up with these giant wheels and low profile tires. Low profile tires ought to come with a forehead tattoo that says "CLUELESS". Sidewall is your friend on a 4x4, with those giant wheels and low profile tires your truck not only looks funny, but if you hit a rock the size of a golf ball you'll blow a tire and bend a rim.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah well, sometimes practical is out the window for people to have what they WANT or what THEY THINK looks cool. You won't find one of my trucks looking like your above description, but some do. Around here, we try not to criticize those who do what we don't care for or think is practical, but opinions are certainly given so a little thick skin is required. However, it is encouraged, "It's your truck, make it your own".

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
IMO, it makes no sense to jack a truck up on 38's or bigger either. :boxed:

I put black wheels in the same category as the situation you described, ridiculous.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah, not a black wheel fan here either.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Have you fellas looked through the truck wheels available these days? It must be a good 90% of them are black. A lot of them have fake rivets and bolts and trinkets on them too.

Cuba

Likes to work alone in her woman cave
Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
It's hard to find steel rims for newer vehicles, that's for sure. They almost all come low pro from the dealer, stock, too. I personally can't stand "lowpro" tires and have had to replace so many of my customers' rims due to them. They dent or chip, so easily, causing tires unable to be seated or leaks and vibrations. Terrrible. Old school steel rims can be banged back into shape, plus the higher sidewall helps too!

Modern junk, made to be throw away, I tell ya!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Have you fellas looked through the truck wheels available these days? It must be a good 90% of them are black. A lot of them have fake rivets and bolts and trinkets on them too.
I have noticed. That's where the market has gone. Doesn't mean I like it.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Come on guys and girl new "country" has to be 2015 or newer blacked out Chevy with 20 inch black wheels with faggoty shiny bits rocking to Blake Shelton fixing your man bun with your unscuffed cowboy boots and skinny jeans phuckin ****.

Cuba

Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
:lol::lol::lol:

Oh so true.... sad!

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Sy/Ty's are lowered 4x4s as well the Trailblazer SS and I like all 3. Yes awd but cool none the less.

Caspian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Burb
Engine Size
350/TH700R4
The Low Profile tires have only a spot on cars or a sport truck like the 454SS, they're more designed for better traction on asphalt, most are used on Rallye cars or Drift cars, hence why they are wide and very little sidewall. No place on a 4x4 though.

Cuba

Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
Heck, even on cars, I think it's the dumbest concept. Around here, in the city, there are potholes everywhere, construction zones, debris in the roads.... just asking for a flat. Often times, that is the case. Then the new rim becuase it couldn't handle a pot hole AND the overpriced low pro tire to replace.

Not much better in the snow either. Maybe in a perfect suburban town where all the streets are immaculate, would they have their place... IMO

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Heck, even on cars, I think it's the dumbest concept. Around here, in the city, there are potholes everywhere, construction zones, debris in the roads.... just asking for a flat. Often times, that is the case. Then the new rim becuase it couldn't handle a pot hole AND the overpriced low pro tire to replace.

Not much better in the snow either. Maybe in a perfect suburban town where all the streets are immaculate, would they have their place... IMO
Oh and when the retards stretch tires on rims that are 3+ inches to wide for the tires that makes it much better.

Cuba

Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
How about the negative camber thing they got going on now too?? Oh geee wizzzz! On low pros & riding on the edge of your tire.... yeah!! I can't stand that! It's their money though. Piss it away on what they think looks good!! smh :shrug::whymewhyme:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
My Audi was down on the ground with 45 series tires and awd but my camber had corretion devices and 400hp at the tires and I rocked that bitch year round snow and all fun car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dave84