Lost my keys to 86 c10. Ignition Lock Cylinder, can I still remove it with no key???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
Thanks everyone!. I got the door locks and ignition cylinder from o'reilly auto parts for $44.00.
column was real easy to do. Parts are from LOCKSMART. Everything worked great. Thanks again :cheers:
Now I can get back to treating her real bad. More vid's to come.

Dryriver1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
1984, 1999,
Truck Model
1984 Chevy Silverado K10, 1999 Chevy 2 door Tahoe 4x4
Engine Size
350 cid, 5.7
Hello guys & gals. I hope everyone is well.

FWIW, I had an experience back in my younger days on a '75.

Just in case you have this situation, the pot metal on the steering column by the switch screw had run over when it was cast. The thing looked almost as if there was no slot to push in the lock tab to release the complete switch core after removing the screw. IIRC as it has been many moons ago.
Just an FYI in case you might encounter that.

I lways say when looking through my spare bolt containers looking for a certain bolt, nut, spring, etc... "If there is one there has to be another one." and I usually do find 2 or 3 extra of whatever I thought I would not find.

Now as Rusty Nail said to Dave15 in Austria after everyone gave input on his problem...

"We'll send a bill or you can buy a bumper sticker.:waytogo:"

Or buy us ALL a beer as long as it is not a light beer. :cheers:

Best wishes to you and all of your loved ones always!

Dryriver1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe