Long Time Square Body Lover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lostranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
And here's a REAL working shot:
You must be registered for see images attach

I haul three round bales often on the nine foot bed. Plenty of truck for the job, but I get a lot of wisecracks when I stop along the way.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I like all the pictures.

I've got a cherry picker that I rigged up to a Reese hitch also, but it doesn't pivot like yours. I just use it to pick up axles, engines, etc and move them elsewhere on the property. And boy is it no fun to get that thing in and out of the hitch by yourself. My wife also has an old Singer sewing machine that is foot pedal powered still. It's neat.

Have pictures of your 3500 van?

Lostranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
I like all the pictures.

My wife also has an old Singer sewing machine that is foot pedal powered still. It's neat.

Have pictures of your 3500 van?

Treadle powered domestic sewing machines are still common. Industrial machines that can sew through 1 inch of leather under human power are rare. Wish I still had all the pedal-power parts, but they've fallen by the wayside during a number of moves. My hillbilly grandmother often said that three moves equals one fire.

We call the 3500 van the War Horse, and it was never photogenic. Took three engines and two transmissions to get through its 400k plus miles. Original 350 locked at 87k. Best we could determine, the oil pump failed. Stranded me deep in Great Smokey Mountains National Park. Put in a Jasper long block, but was never happy about it. Did the last engine with about 225k on the chassis. Added long tube headers and high-flow dual exhaust at that time. Best sounding van around. Body has serious rust, and when the last engine developed a head gasket leak last year, I decided that enough was enough.

I'm pulling parts from the engine now to do a serpentine conversion on the R30. Also measuring to see if I can adapt the AC. Thought about putting the 30 gallon rear fuel tank in the R30, but I've decided that a new 41 gallon Suburban tank makes more sense. The frame and front end are sound, and when I can get the body removed, the chassis will become a farm wagon or something even more fun....

So, no photos of the van. Sorry. Looks especially sad these days parked along the fence row.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
^^^Your grandmother was very wise! That's spot on!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size