Leveling my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Savage

1 post per year
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV M1008
Engine Size
6.2L/Th400/NP208
The front of my truck has about 9" between the tire and wheel well and the rear is about 6". I want to get the rear closer to 8-8 1/2" to level the truck out. I don't want to do a shackle flip, so I'm thinking about adding a leaf or two. What do you guys recommend?

Pictures for reference:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

glockholiday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban 1/2 ton 4x4
Engine Size
Can't see the pics, maybe because I'm on the computer at work.

I think if you put a level on the body line down the side of the truck the front wheel wells will still have more clearance than the rear, they are not the same clearance.

Anyways, when I lifted my Suburban 2" I put new springs up front and 2" blocks in the rear. Blocks are the easiest and cheapest way to lift the rear. An add-a-leaf spring will do the job for a couple inches at most but might make it ride stiffer also.

You'll need to see if you already have a small block or not and get one to replace that with the extra height you want and then see if your u-bolts are long enough to accommodate the taller block, if not you need u-bolts too.

Here's where I got mine. http://www.roughcountry.com/suspension-components/lift-blocks-and-u-bolts.html

All in you'd be under $100, unless you need shocks too. And if you go too far longer brake line also.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
92 X-Ray